UKBouldering.com

Power Club 604 11-17 Oct 21 (Read 5617 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#25 Re: Power Club 604 11-17 Oct 21
October 19, 2021, 10:16:02 am
I'm not there quite yet... :'(

(not least cos my deadlift has gone to shit, 140 max feels hard ffs :whatever: )

Duma

• forum hero
#26 Re: Power Club 604 11-17 Oct 21
October 19, 2021, 10:21:44 am
John - guess I must have seen you at Secret Garden last week, which 8a were you on? We saw a couple of folk on Full Job, looked ace!

I was on Narcissus at the right hand side which was also amazing!

that's next to Kaly Diva so I must have been climbing or belaying next to you!

Wellsy

• forum hero
#27 Re: Power Club 604 11-17 Oct 21
October 19, 2021, 11:34:08 am
Nutrition and weight loss and all that is so personal and hard to gauge. I dunno. I tried to eat cleaner and a bit less a bit back, and I put weight on, but it was muscle! I then added more calories in to have more energy to train and basically found fuck all changed.

My suspicion is that what we're actually taking in and what we think we're taking in differs a lot for most people. These days I'm not interested in weight loss (and I'm relatively fortunate in that at 75kgs ish at 5' 11" I don't have to) I'm interested in getting stronger and training loads basically for the next few years. So I eat enough to not be hungry/low in energy and generally just try to keep my diet varied and healthy.

User deactivated.

• forum hero
#28 Re: Power Club 604 11-17 Oct 21
October 19, 2021, 12:49:45 pm
I tried to eat cleaner and a bit less a bit back, and I put weight on, but it was muscle! I then added more calories in to have more energy to train and basically found fuck all changed.

Unsurprising that more food won't have given more energy when you were already in a surplus (evidenced by gaining weight and muscle).

My suspicion is that what we're actually taking in and what we think we're taking in differs a lot for most people.

Bingo!

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#29 Re: Power Club 604 11-17 Oct 21
October 21, 2021, 10:48:43 am
Nutrition and weight loss and all that is so personal and hard to gauge. I dunno. I tried to eat cleaner and a bit less a bit back, and I put weight on, but it was muscle! I then added more calories in to have more energy to train and basically found fuck all changed.

My suspicion is that what we're actually taking in and what we think we're taking in differs a lot for most people. These days I'm not interested in weight loss (and I'm relatively fortunate in that at 75kgs ish at 5' 11" I don't have to) I'm interested in getting stronger and training loads basically for the next few years. So I eat enough to not be hungry/low in energy and generally just try to keep my diet varied and healthy.

I'm 182 (smidge under 6ft) and 75kg too, so neither big nor skinny. Yesterday I had a wrap and can of mackerel before going to TCA for a medium boulder / hard endurance session, followed by some gym), and a stirfry with a double portion of noodles (80gr dry - WOW...just googled this and this is what's considered a standard portion....), some biscuits and cheese.

Shit, I've just counted this up and that means I had yesterday:

Breakfast: 100gr Muesli & 150gr Full fat Yoghurt: 500 cal
Lunch: Leftover Dahl & 1 Chappati, some sweetcorn cabbage sald thing. 500ish
Snack: 1 wrap & can mackerel 480
Dinner: Stirfry, 1 egg, noddles, oil etc. 530

And that was me thinking I was upping my eating....

I can't quite picture upping 900!!

Another thing of note - when I was consciously eating more over the last few weeks, I had a lot less desire/urge to have a post work beer, as I was both: more energetic AND didn't have cravings.  Normally I have the urge, and either suppress it or succumb.  Maybe my body was actually craving calories and got used to beer as a source?

Also of note: - I'm not restricting eating in any way, and don't have issues with constant hunger etc. Usually pretty satisfied after breakfast until 11ish, and then when it comes to dinner I'm ready to eat, but not crawling around the kitchen desperate for food....  I do have issues with energy levels though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal