UKBouldering.com

Kraft Klub 602 20-26 Sept 21 (Read 5373 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#25 Re: Kraft Klub 602 20-26 Sept 21
September 28, 2021, 04:33:00 pm
STG - ultra on 9th
MTG - do some decent probs in Fort William over October hols
LTG - find a decent winter coastal project

M - 8km run. easy with a mate who hasn't been running much.
T - perfunctory beastmaker session, mostly repeaters. First training of any kind for about 6 weeks.
W - hill reps - 8km
T - tempo - 11km
F - nowt
S - long slow run - 30km. Ankle a wee bit tweaky.
S - 20km bike ride with kids.

Taper to event now, focus on climbing bit.

Wellsy

• forum hero
#26 Re: Kraft Klub 602 20-26 Sept 21
September 28, 2021, 05:39:41 pm
Monday - big Works session

Tuesday rest

Wednesday - big Works session

Thursday - went out before work, did Cleo's Edge, a 5+ that 100% deserves its 3 star rep. Did Banana Finger again, tried the direct, almost stuck the edge, progress since last time I tried anyway.

Friday - big Works session

Sat - rested

Sun - went out and did a couple of random 6Bs and also every move including the sketchy top out, and linked the start to the sloper. Quite proud of myself for doing the top out as an inexperienced wuss with little head for heights. Feel confident that if I can get to the matched sloper and to the good right hand edge, which is two more moves, I'll do it. Nice feeling. Board session in evening, was good.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#27 Re: Kraft Klub 602 20-26 Sept 21
September 28, 2021, 07:58:07 pm
3 weeks

M - Wall - sweltering. Brilliant board session despite calf muscle still fucked from previous weeks' dyne accident. Tried very hard not to fall off.
T
W - Assisted 1 arms, locks, wide weighted pulls, hammer curls
T - Max hangs, then wall. Felt heavy and tired.
F
S - Ok wall session, can't remember
S

M - Wall, bit of board, then various unstructured blob swinging
T
W
T - Wall, still slightly tired from Monday
F
S - Wall. Good board sesh, then sucked into various new problems downstairs.

M - Insanely busy day. Went to wall with kids but in fairly shitty mood so didn't do a lot.
T - Max hangs + W - assisted 1 arms, locks, wide weighted pulls, hammer curls - after doing mostly fuck all the night before this felt really good. Decided to bin all plastic blob pulling at the wall because I always overdo it and it leaves my forearms feeling sore. Going to stick to the board and campusing because that feels vastly better suited to enabling the successful ascents of the stuff on my reboot 2021 outside ticklist.
W - Very slow 5km run - calf muscle survived intact.
T - Max hangs and pulls (as above) plus another very slow 5km run - leg still fine.
F - 8km run. Maybe not such a great idea. Various niggles.
S - Wall, following v early start to get enough fuel to get there. Felt strong on the board, but slightly inaccurate - didn't sleep that well which might explain that. Then did some campusing followed by 30-45 sec density hangs. Still felt quite fresh at the end.
S - 98.5kg - lightest I've been for about a year. Slighty too much wine.

Trying to make some plans for a trip at half term and some days here and there to get some stuff ticked, esp as daughter is on fire indoors at the moment and it would be nice for her to get up some new things.

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#28 Re: Kraft Klub 602 20-26 Sept 21
September 28, 2021, 09:27:45 pm

Maybe not such a factor with the edge you are using but temps can have a big impact on max hangs scores so I prefer to compare against scores from ~12 month previous.

The full QI method would be to plot your sessions in a run chart (SPC chart). Back date for the last 12-18months. Work out the mean and then the natural variation.  Set your upper & lower control limits and then any result out of these limits is indicative of a causative factor. Something your introduced or changed.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#29 Re: Kraft Klub 602 20-26 Sept 21
September 29, 2021, 07:43:36 am
Thanks for the suggestion but the occasional check against past scores is good enough for my needs.

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#30 Re: Kraft Klub 602 20-26 Sept 21
September 29, 2021, 08:43:54 am
I posted in jest. However, I know some take their data very seriously  :smartass:

iain

• forum abuser
#31 Re: Kraft Klub 602 20-26 Sept 21
September 29, 2021, 12:33:59 pm
Hobbit is still up in Wales and gratifyingly reports Rhoscolyn E4s feel much easier! Or perhaps he’s just tickling my ego.
As WoodFT says no ego tickling there, and Rhoscolyn is such a good cliff although I suspect you've been.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#32 Re: Kraft Klub 602 20-26 Sept 21
September 30, 2021, 03:52:51 pm
Hobbit is still up in Wales and gratifyingly reports Rhoscolyn E4s feel much easier! Or perhaps he’s just tickling my ego.
As WoodFT says no ego tickling there, and Rhoscolyn is such a good cliff although I suspect you've been.

Thanks Iain and G. I've been to Rhoscolyn once, last year, and definitely plan to return. As far as Warpath is concerned, I probably should do a few E3s beforehand and have probably left it a bit late for this year.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#33 Re: Kraft Klub 602 20-26 Sept 21
September 30, 2021, 04:30:40 pm
As they say, "Warpath is a path, it's piss for the grade, blah blah" *

* - "...if you can flash F7b" (this small, but quite important, bit of information is something they don't always append)

Cue the usual bollox like "Hey I found Warpath really easy and the hardest sport I'd flashed was F6c" i.e. "I'd never tried to flash sport properly and was woefully underperforming and had far, far more than F6c in the tank so my anecdote is irrelevant"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal