the shizzle > coaching

Recommended coach for training, Manc / NW area.

(1/11) > >>

Fiend:
I want to see if I can improve the physical side of my climbing a bit (since the most important thing as you get older is to keep getting stronger and stronger and smash out those strength test PBs), and have decided the best way is to set myself up as a target for public humiliation on here for everyone to mock me, specifically suggest unsuitable advice, tell me I'm doing it wrong, etc etc, let's see if we can be big and brave and resist doing that eh  ::) ::) ::). But on the off chance anyone is actually able to help...

I would like recommendations for climbing coaches who could help me improve how I train for the physical side of climbing (strength, power, endurance, etc etc, plus injury avoidance, recovery, maybe even nutrition timing etc), and specifically work within the context of the physical issues I have, plus my general intolerance for extremely rigid and boring barrows-style plans.

I need someone who can give me general advice, guidance and concepts that will work for me in particular, and regular monitoring / checking-up on potential progress and issues I have with it. I'd prefer someone who is within an hour of so of Manchester so I could hopefully meet at a wall for check-ups / analysis.

What I do NOT want:
1. Anyone who says "yes your power to weight could be improved, do loads of CV and lose weight" because this is not physically possible.
2. Anyone who says "yes your power to weight could be improved, go on this wacky keto diet and lose weight" because I'm not prepared to risk feeling sick and ill all the time with my digestion.
3. Any extremely rigid round-peg-square-hole Lattice type plan.
4. Any long-distance "buy this PDF of a 16 week specific untailored plan and get on with it" malarkey.

YES I fucking well know that some of these, especially the barrows-level snore-fest training, could be the most optimum, but if I'm going to despise it and not stick with it, there's absolutely no point in suggesting it. A training method that is 50% effective but I can stick with 100% of the time is much better than a training method that is 100% effective but I can only force myself to do 25% of the time.

Any helpful suggestions appreciated.

UnkArl:
Gresh :P

Fiend:
Who? Is he part of "Lattice" or "ClimbGB"?

abarro81:
It strikes me that you understand very little about what coaches will generally already know, how I train (the approach doesn't need to be particularly rigid), or how remote but personalised training plans can work (again, can be very non rigid with a good coach). So I won't suggest anyone because you'd probably be a dismissive PITA client  :ras:

Fiend:
If you'd like to help out, feel free to explain / educate a bit more about what I don't understand. As for the coaches, I'm sure if I get in touch with someone and they think I'd be an unsuitable client, that they could suggest that themselves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version