places to visit > indoor walls

DIY fiberglass volumes?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Danny:

--- Quote from: remus on August 30, 2021, 02:35:38 pm ---
--- Quote from: Paul B on August 30, 2021, 12:36:04 pm ---I've never noticed people making multiples of fiberglass volumes.

--- End quote ---

Presumably commercial operations do this regularly? Unless they're not actually fiberglass?

--- End quote ---

This exactly. I'm not sure about all volumes or macros, but some commercial ones are definitely fiberglass—you can see the underlying structure in the odd very well used one. Maybe there are ways of making large standard resin volumes too. I know for example that the Holdz mini piggy back volumes are resin because I had a few on my old board. They were heavy as fook for their size though.

Danny:
I certainly could make some standard ply volumes, but my dream board will have a bunch of glorious comp blobs mixed with well crafted wooden crimps and stuff. 

Danny:

--- Quote from: Paul B on August 30, 2021, 04:08:50 pm ---That's a good point  :chair:

The type I'm thinking of I don't think you see that often in modern walls, like when people were creating sections of tufa or different size exercise balls with various cutouts rather than the slicker stuff you can buy currently.

--- End quote ---

Now that I'm thinking a bit more about this, most of the slick ones you're on about have a bolt hole. Must be poured?

Paul B:

--- Quote from: Danny on August 31, 2021, 06:31:33 am ---I certainly could make some standard ply volumes, but my dream board will have a bunch of glorious comp blobs mixed with well crafted wooden crimps and stuff.

--- End quote ---

As I said, I've got (some of) these:
https://euroholds.com/en/series-families/1023-10929-the-seven-dwarfs.html#/5-color-no_matter_faster

I get the impression they don't hold up well in a commercial environment but I'm pleased with what I've had from EH (considering the relative £) and they work fairly well as they don't dominate the surrounding space.

I could do with a slightly harder circuit and I was thinking of ordering these:
https://euroholds.com/en/series-families/1159-11966-the-spines-family.html#/5-color-no_matter_faster

The bigger of which will be similar to the 'dwarves' in scale.

Interestingly this:
https://euroholds.com/en/fiberglass-macros/1169-12051-spine-big-fiber.html#/5-color-no_matter_faster

is described as being fiberglass (they hold it upside down on the video too).

--- Quote from: Danny on August 31, 2021, 06:36:05 am ---Now that I'm thinking a bit more about this, most of the slick ones you're on about have a bolt hole. Must be poured?

--- End quote ---

I think perhaps I'm showing my age by thinking of the era when the height of sophistication was a hemispherical volume formed around an exercise ball!

Danny:
That first set looks good Paul. Presumably halfway decent for mid-high sevens on 45 degrees? Cheap enough too. I may avoid the DIY, but then part of me just enjoys faffing about  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version