Yoga (Read 9771 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#25 Yoga
October 25, 2004, 09:41:22 am
Quote from: "Stubbs"
What page?

It depends on what theme/skin you view the forum with - on one of them there's a photo of Zaf at the top of the page.

It's actually this one shrunk down in size:

webbo

• forum hero
#26 Yoga
October 27, 2004, 07:39:21 pm
Quote from: "vivahate"
cross training is almost always useful in sports,

i thought the concept of cross training had long been discredited[unless your a tri athlete ]the last thing i read on it reckoned it diverted you from the main issue.it's as bogus as training aerobically at 50% of your max h/r so you burn fat.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#27 Yoga
October 31, 2004, 10:23:19 am
At the top left of this page is a guy (Zaff Ali) climbing harder than most, if not all, of you. He is the most amazing climber you will ever see - more like a gecko than a man. I've seen him do moves I couldn't understand on invisible holds. He does a lot of yoga.

are you being serious? there's more to life than rounded grit, which zaf is without doubt an amazing climber on. move him out of his natural habitat, say to lime, n what happens. i'm sure there's another climber like that, name escapes me at the moment tho. please reply n talk us through this scenario johnny.

I'm not sure about Sharma but I'm pretty sure he does a bit

maybe in the last couple of years, before that no. maybe he did in the mags but since myself n his godliness were 5 foot away when he did his first (semi-serious) bit of yoga i would have to say i pretty much know what i'm talking about, as usual :wink: honest :lol:

i am not saying yoga is not beneficial, of course it it. i am saying too much emphasis is placed on things like this instead of bearing down like an idiot on ever decreasing or slopier holds.

i am only inflexible in the frogging posion cos i don't have child-bearing hips. i know that this flexibility can be attained in a matter of weeks when trained, through stretching. the label 'yoga' is what's bad here. however you can not train to use small holds in a matter of weeks. we will discuss this further at the plantation today where you can use rounded holds n i will have to use smaller more positive ones :wink:

mildrip

#28 Yoga
November 01, 2004, 01:58:07 pm
I've practised Iyengar yoga for about 5 years.  It has helped to strengthen my lower back and abdomen as most of the asanas work this area, indirectly or directly.  I usually do it between climbing sessions and it helps avoid muscle tenseness and monkey shoulders!!  It can be quite tiring for muscles so best not to do too much before climbing.  I rate it but feel climbing has made me a better climber

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#29 Yoga
November 02, 2004, 01:02:35 am
I rate Yoga as an exercise in its own right (helped me kill off sciatica - the result of jumping off the top of too many highballs) and i'm sure it has some benefit for climbing, but as far as training for climbing goes, get on a campus board or summit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal