the site > site notices and updates

Forum ban / acceptable use policy - please read.

<< < (3/3)

tomtom:

--- Quote from: Bubba on October 22, 2004, 11:48:09 am ---
[*]Arguing with moderator's decisions on the public forum. Feel free to contact the mod team if you disagree with a decision but do it privately. If you're banned then use the email contact form.

--- End quote ---

I would like to suggest that I dont really like this rule, and it feels a bit UKC ish, but I can't ;) allegedly :)

Oldmanmatt:
I vote the "kid" be more than entitled to his opinion and I defend to my utmost his right to express it here.

Naivety is no crime, neither demonstrated by UKB posters or young well intention rock athletes.

How can you expect to modify an opinion you are unaware of?

Smiling is surely for unimportant issues like grades?

Oldmanmatt:
Damn phone! Smiting. Intentioned. You know what I mean!

fried:
I liked the first version ;)

petejh:
I smited Three Nine because his underlying point - that wearing clothing to show you support a cause commonly deemed as 'worthy' can be done for less than the purest of pure reasons (and who can really say what other people really think) isn't exactly a revolutionary idea and most people are already aware of this. It isn't hard, especially for an 'adult' in his thirties, to realise this is a highly charged and emotive subject for lots of people and he could just as effectively expressed his simple point using tact and showing basic regard to people facing horrible circumstances - there's rocking the boat then there's being a deliberate social hand-grenade (aka a troll). I can't think of anything good about Three Nine's approach and contribution here. To say something 'a bit controversial' with willful disregard for upsetting others when the same point could be reached with a little diplomacy and without losing any clarity of argument just leaves a really bad taste. Because it leaves a bad taste is it worthy of banning? Probably not but I wouldn't miss those sort of posts.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version