the shizzle > equipment

Cheap (not shit) chalk?

<< < (3/5) > >>

mrjonathanr:
Why not try liquid chalk Liam? Hate it myself, but sticks on skin.

jwi:

--- Quote from: remus on August 04, 2021, 09:52:46 am ---
--- Quote from: jwi on August 04, 2021, 08:51:25 am ---The drawback is that you need a press if you want chunks, since it's sold as a very fine powder

--- End quote ---

Have you had any luck pressing the super fine powder in to something that's usable for climbing? Any tips on a workable setup?

--- End quote ---

I just talked with friend who said that the easiest is to mix the powder with water and let it dry for a few weeks (depending on heat and humidity). No pressing is needed apparently. There are even youtube tutorials, e.g.

galpinos:

--- Quote from: mrjonathanr on August 04, 2021, 09:54:04 am ---Why not try liquid chalk Liam? Hate it myself, but sticks on skin.

--- End quote ---

As a larger gent with fingers like last nights chip wrapper a combo of Rhino Tip Juice, Performance and Recover have turned my tips into something I'm not embarrassed to touch holds with.

I'm also a fan of liquid chalk (Friction Labs for "the send", any old stuff for general).

User deactivated.:

--- Quote from: mrjonathanr on August 04, 2021, 09:54:04 am ---Why not try liquid chalk Liam? Hate it myself, but sticks on skin.

--- End quote ---

Interesting. I'll see where this antihydral gets me first and will consider liquid chalk if i'm still struggling. I think I have an old bottle somewhere from a DWS trip!

SA Chris:
I wonder if I'm missing something with liquid chalk. I end up with a thin dry layer that crumbles off and feels slippery first time I climb with it, and then just leaves fine powdery layer that last for about 2 moves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version