UKBouldering.com

Ruthven parking (Read 1146 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
Ruthven parking
July 07, 2021, 01:55:31 pm
The RSPB have recently put up signs saying "No overnight parking. Car park will be locked between 20:00 and 08:00". I left last night at 8 and there was no sign of anyone locking up, but there was a very shiny and weighty chain and padlock there. So watch out if you're planning a trip, parking may not be possible there between 20:00 and 08:00!

There is a layby a few hundred metres up the road towards Croachy that can be used for parking if needs be (and should be used if the parking is full). I think there may also be parking up towards the houses at the end of Loch Ruthven, but I'm not sure.

scragrock

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Ruthven parking
July 07, 2021, 02:11:52 pm
Yeah they have been applying operation "Fuck Off" for awhile now.
Not that i blame them as its mostly NC500 campervans and day tripping BBQ fuck heads that have forced their hand.

I cleaned up a recent fire scar underneath The Dude and did a litter pick round the bloc. Some derty feckers have been camping underneath the boulder and leaving arse wipes round the back of the Baby Bunnet stane

It does however seem to be Gun talk from a water pistol as i have yet to see the gate locked{i suspect they do Not have the staff to apply it}.

Another example of creeping restrictions......i find it worrying

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#2 Re: Ruthven parking
July 08, 2021, 09:28:53 am
I suspect apps like park4night don't help these things. Might add a note highlighting the issues.

BenjyW

#3 Re: Ruthven parking
July 08, 2021, 05:41:56 pm
There has always been a sign about no overnight parking.

They used to lock the gate everyday with a volunteer warden but no longer have as many to do this.

The issue is campers up at the block leaving waste, shitting all over and having fires. Seen this twice recently. 

Knowing the staff at the rspb as I do it won't take a lot for for to shut the gate if they want too and they have every right too.

The parking up the road is used by fisherman and there is an access gate for the farmer so be aware there.

I strongly suspect they will not enforce this but it is a deterrent for now. But definitely not worth pushing their buttons as they will try to stop us climbing there as soon as they can if they have the chance!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal