UKBouldering.com

Is having to prove your vaccine status ok? Ethically, not epidemiologically (Read 44841 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Will ~60,000 care workers be sacked tomorrow? And potentially 70,000 NHS staff by next April?

This is what caused this thread to be resurrected back on page 4 before you hijacked it and went rabid.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
The counter argument is that people not getting vaccinated are forcing people with shit immune systems to lead a second class existence.

I beg to move that dunnyg remains a second class citizen. If you saw the state of his cutlery draw then you too might question whether it were hygienic for him to be allowed into public spaces.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.

The counter argument is that people not getting vaccinated are forcing people with shit immune systems to lead a second class existence.

This. ditto masks.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
If you want to keep this discussion civil, you should start by moderating your own hyperbole.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
We’re back into the realm of the delusion that the public health measures being suggested are something other than an authoritarian control agenda.

This succinctly illuminates the thread.

When people start from a completely different premise agreement is not possible. To start with your conclusion, then work back, requires selecting and disregarding evidence as required to maintain your POV.

Science works the other way, observing and deducing.

The two are never going to meet.

Nails

• addict
Or to summarise: It's like trying to discuss the pandemic whilst a giant toddler shouts in your ear.

andy popp

• forum hero
I know the received wisdom is that telling conspiracy believers that they're wrong doesn't work and can be counterproductive. But perhaps, sometimes it is necessary to be blunt and direct. Dan, you are listening to and repeating lies, falsehoods, distortions, and disinformation.

Potash

• menacing presence
I agree, I'd personally like to still be able to drink drive and run people over, prior to getting a slap on the wrist as alcohol was a mitigating factor.

Bloody authoritarians stoping me fucking over others in society.

webbo

• forum hero
The facts seem fairly clear, authoritarian control measures are being implemented in the name of public health. So I disagree with you Andy.
Strangely Dan everyone disagrees with you.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
I messaged Reeve about this earlier, but I reckon this isn't Dan. I don't know him personally, but this is just too bonkers.

Can a mod check up some how?and can someone who actually personally knows the really Dan ask him directly?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
The thread is a joke because if the control measures were purely authoritarian, the evidence to debunk their justification would be solid and straightforward. There' d be no need to go to the Wakefields and weirdos if data on vaccines not working was available.

I can easily see data on vaccine efficacy, walking down the street, in the supermarket, in reliable sources.

If authoritarianism was a genuine concern to posters, they would be trying to hold Patel and Johnson's feet to the fire for any number of nasty bills and decisions. Judicial review, anyone?

But they don't.

Potash

• menacing presence
Where do you draw the line between justified and unjustified intrusion into your freedom Dan?

Do you think society has any right to tell you what to do under any circumstances?

Potash

• menacing presence
Tell me a restriction on you that you are ok with?

Would you like to fuck young boys? Are you pissed that social pressure and authoritarians are holding you back?

Potash

• menacing presence
I'm just trying to tease out of you what kind of restrictions you are happy not live with.

You seem to be able to tell me what is an unjustified intrusion into your life.

Tell me what isn't.

Are you pissed off that you have to wear pants?

LozT

Potash

• menacing presence
The ones that cover your nob

LozT

Potash

• menacing presence

LozT

What kind? The rubber ones with the mouth piece?

Potash

• menacing presence
If that's your thing. Last time I checked mask mandates were less prescriptive than that.

Are they an unjustified intrusion into your freedom. Another step on the road to surfdom?

LozT

Potash

• menacing presence
I'm asking about the mask mandate as it applies to you?

Is this an unjustified intrusion into your freedom? Are you down with the government telling you how to behave?

LozT

I thought ‘wear one if you like’ covered that. No I’m not really into masks being mandated.

Potash

• menacing presence
Why not? You are into mandated pants?

Is it:
a. Due to shame of your micro penis
b. Because you are a cunt who doesn't give a shit about those more vulnerable

Clearly it's not because masks don't work as you let the man coerce you into pants despite them having no medical benefits.

Or are you one of the sheeple who thinks they wear pants because they want to.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal