UKBouldering.com

Is having to prove your vaccine status ok? Ethically, not epidemiologically (Read 44722 times)

kelvin

• forum hero
A vaccination card has long been around and necessary for travel and work to various different places - mine is tucked away next my passport, has been for years.

No jab for (insert disease) = no travel insurance = Kelvin not working. I'm sure Matt mentioned his card a few pages back. This has resulted in me pottering off to the surgery to get a jab to keep my job.  :wank:
Easy for me as I'm not believing in tentacled heebeeweejees or Bill Gates Corp nanorouters.

I'm happy to accept that people don't want to be forced to have jabs but at least be honest about why and don't go making up 'evidence' to back your argument. It makes me switch off to any claims of sufferance that are put forth.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
Freedom to choose may have a price.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/07/trump-voters-counties-more-likely-die-covid-study

Clearly a Democrat led conspiracy to kill the Republicans?

I've been dealing with a parts supplier for the van. He mentioned he was struggling due to having 2 guys off with covid. I mentioned I had had it 2 weeks ago, now fine, commiserated but DID mentioned I was double vaxxed. His guy has been off 2 weeks and was in hospital. Who knows if he was vaxxed or not, but hopefully some subtle messaging might help the case...or not....

Wellsy

• forum hero
I'm increasingly of the view that like, if you refuse to get the jab, why should the rest of society adjust its behaviour for you

Like if you won't get it, then don't travel internationally, don't go to festivals etc. Tough shit.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
One point is that getting a jab protects others to some extent as well as the vaccinated individual. Likewise masks. There are plenty of people who cannot be vaccinated or for whom the vaccines are not fully effective. The safety of these people is very dependent on the behaviour of others which is why I find anti vax and anti mask attitudes disheartening.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Is it ethically okay to demand mandatory vaccine passports for people sharing your home board??

#askingonbehalfoftheentireyorkshirecontingentthebunchofincestuousbuttlordsthattheyare

User deactivated.

• forum hero
Is it ethically okay to demand mandatory vaccine passports for people sharing your home board??

#askingonbehalfoftheentireyorkshirecontingentthebunchofincestuousbuttlordsthattheyare

I'm afraid board owners of Yorkshire will need to crush alone this winter unless they want the HSE knocking at their garage door:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal