UKBouldering.com

DJ Decks and Sequencer (Read 1020 times)

battery

• obsessive maniac
DJ Decks and Sequencer
July 15, 2021, 12:12:57 pm
Apologies for the randomness of this but I have a feeling that there is a lot of good knowledge in the collective UKB brain about this stuff...

I need to buy a sequencer/drum machine and some DJ decks for work - I know nothing about this side of music so any help, advice or pointers would be gratefully received.

We're working with young people either one to one or in small groups. We have freelance staff who will work alongside them (and I have of course asked their opinion but always good to get another side). Most of the young people will be complete beginners however we don't want to patronise them or limit their progression by buying something that is too simple. We always try to buy decent quality kit that can produce good results and isn't going to make the young people feel like they are being handed the cheap shit, we also find if you buy decent quality it lasts longer.

We have loads of amps and a PA but I'm not sure if this kit will need it's own set up. Also, do I need to get headphones too? 

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#1 Re: DJ Decks and Sequencer
July 15, 2021, 01:57:14 pm
Also, do I need to get headphones too?

Yes. Closed-back headphones. This is the only bit I feel I can answer confidently about modern equipment.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal