UKBouldering.com

Mull Bouldering - Kintra, Fionphort and Knockvologan advice/development (Read 5186 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Yeah, I didn't phrase that well at all did I?
Big Bastard Estate Owner. Is size-ist?  I'll stop digging right here.

Sorry, that was a possibly slightly obscure Austin Powers / Goldmember reference, it didn't really offend me.

gardinrm

• menacing presence

gardinrm

• menacing presence
DISASTER.

Just called fidden farm, and they're not taking tents unless you have your own toilet facilities. So, no go for this year. What a shame.

Anyone got another suggestion? Anywhere on West of Scotland really. Good campsite with areas to explore nearby. Ideally on or near a beach (sandy camping is always better for the midges).

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
DISASTER.

Just called fidden farm, and they're not taking tents unless you have your own toilet facilities. So, no go for this year. What a shame.

Anyone got another suggestion? Anywhere on West of Scotland really. Good campsite with areas to explore nearby. Ideally on or near a beach (sandy camping is always better for the midges).
Just get one of those portable plastic toilet jobbies, think they're pretty cheap on Amazon as it's effectively a bit of hard plastic and a plastic bag

SA Chris

• forum hero
Good campsite with areas to explore nearby.

Bouldering only?

Have you spent much time at Ardmair / Reiff? Even though Reiff is known for mostly routes, there is a load of bouldering in the area, and the bottom of most of the crags (not just the recognised bouldering spots) have a load of potential for "drop off" type problems with a good platform for landing, and there are low sections for bouldering that have never been documented either.

gardinrm

• menacing presence
Just get one of those portable plastic toilet jobbies, think they're pretty cheap on Amazon as it's effectively a bit of hard plastic and a plastic bag

I might as well free camp then.

Also, 'jobbie' made me laugh because its what the Scots call a poo. I think there is a marketing opportunity there.... "Need a poo, use the plastic jobbie jobbie."

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
Robbie, if you're stuck you're welcome to throw up a tent in our back garden, access to toilet and shower. Ullapool.PM me thru this site.

Chris, traveling up to Aberdeen from N.Wales to visit MiL in Torry. Fancy a pint?
Tues.Weds?

gardinrm

• menacing presence
Robbie, if you're stuck you're welcome to throw up a tent in our back garden, access to toilet and shower. Ullapool.PM me thru this site.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the offer. I'll keep looking for other campsites. If not, I know there is a good one near Gairloch which I've been to before. There is some nice stuff that the Cunningham's put up near Aultbea that I wanted to check out.

SA Chris

• forum hero
Chris, traveling up to Aberdeen from N.Wales to visit MiL in Torry. Fancy a pint?
Tues.Weds?

Shhiit. Would love to, but just packing and heading to East Lothian for a week.

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
No problems, have a good time both!

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
If not, I know there is a good one near Gairloch which I've been to before. There is some nice stuff that the Cunningham's put up near Aultbea that I wanted to check out.

Yep, Sands is a lovely campsite just north of Gairloch. Really good spot for family camping too, not sure if that's relevant.
Despite the huge amount of brilliant trad and sport routes on the gneiss round there, there's a complete dearth of recorded bouldering so it would be good to know if you find anything worthwhile. The feeling I've always had is that it's generally too featured to make interesting bouldering but there's got to be some good stuff hidden somewhere.

gardinrm

• menacing presence
It seems as though everyone is going camping. Tried about 8 campsites, all booked up or renovating toilets. Finally got a place in Applecross, so need to be ready for the midges!!! Planning on doing a bunch of hillwalking because I don't think it will be worth bouldering in Applecross/Torridon unless there is a gale force wind. Shame.

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
Well, it has been super windy the last wee while and many observations that midges aren't too bad at the moment after a really bad spell in June. Maybe cos it's been so dry. Fingers crossed it stays like that...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal