UKBouldering.com

Llandudno staycation beta (Read 1183 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Llandudno staycation beta
July 09, 2021, 12:26:10 pm
A few tips from my recent visits:

Re parking if you want to avoid the toll or avoid clogging the limited existing parking around the Cave there is extensive free parking up by the ski slope which is accessed by driving up the steep narrow road past Parisellas Cafe. It’s then a 3 min downhill walk direct to the Cave through a gate in the fence of the Happy Valley garden. Stout walk back though.

Following loss of van found cheap downmarket accommodation at the White House hotel on the sea front at £34.50 for 2 of us last night through booking.com. Bargain. If you don’t expect much you won’t be disappointed.

Overnighting in a van on the Marine Drive seems fine with the friendly wardens. Best spot is up a concrete road on the left just past the Rest and be Thankful cafe. Great views but no signal where you park but if you walk 50 yards up the hill to a fingerpost there is a decent signal. An alternative is the lay-by opposite the St Tudno graveyard which has a toilet just opposite.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Re: Llandudno staycation beta
July 09, 2021, 12:30:43 pm
Staying with the old biddies on Llandudno sea-front is definitely living the dream  :2thumbsup:

James Malloch

• forum hero
#2 Re: Llandudno staycation beta
July 09, 2021, 12:36:26 pm
Best spot is up a concrete road on the left just past the Rest and be Thankful cafe. Great views but no signal where you park but if you walk 50 yards up the hill to a fingerpost there is a decent signal.

We stayed here a few times and met the team who come and pick litter in the morning.

They told us that you’re not allowed to stay and the wardens do enforce it and can fine you. There are technically signs there but they are at the far end of the grassed area from what I could see - I.e. you wouldn’t see them when driving.

We risked it either way.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#3 Re: Llandudno staycation beta
July 09, 2021, 12:46:54 pm
Ah! I assumed the litter pickup people were the wardens. Didn’t see the signs

James Malloch

• forum hero
#4 Re: Llandudno staycation beta
July 09, 2021, 12:51:05 pm
Ah! I assumed the litter pickup people were the wardens. Didn’t see the signs

They said the warden can come up at night and take photos of Reg Plates and then issue fines.

We hadn’t seen the signs - they’re certainly not visible if you just drove up and parked. You have to go out of your way to see them. I couldn’t tell if they were specific to camping out where the sign was (near all the picnic benches) rather than in the car park part…

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal