UKBouldering.com

Topic split: Downclimbing dodginess (Read 6660 times)

bendavison

• obsessive maniac
The more caveats you have to add to your ascent, the more people will raise eyebrows.

Obviously there's no rules, unlike in a competition, where I'm sure down climbing to the ground would be considered the end of your go?

Rob F

• menacing presence
Nowt worse than people raising eyebrows...

Potash

• menacing presence
Clearly readjusting on the holds blows the onsight.

Failed to grasp them right first go.

36chambers

• forum hero
Roped climbing has different rules. Your go ends when you weight the rope. That's it.

Ah sweet, so I can deck and be in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, but still on for the onsight, as long as there was no rope stretch. Good to know ;D

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Roped climbing has different rules. Your go ends when you weight the rope. That's it.

Ah sweet, so I can deck and be in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, but still on for the onsight, as long as there was no rope stretch. Good to know ;D

Your darn tooting. Go climbing with Ben. He'll always try to preserve your onsight.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
When I was in to sports climbing which is probably before half the people on here were born. Comedy at Kilnsey had a difficult second clip, so the deal was to have it pre clipped on the red point. Once you had completed the red point, you climbed up clipped it, pulled some slack through and jumped off to ground, then hobbled around for a few days.

Would a pad invalidate your ascent / descent then?

Ballsofcottonwool

• player
Would a pad invalidate your ascent / descent then?

If you've ever climbed with Fiend you'd know the answer.

Rob F

• menacing presence
If you hit the pad French 7c, if you miss the pad or roll your ankle E6, if you're not too pumped Font 6c / 7a (split grade if down climbing the hard bit - bearing in mind that the frictional forces from the rope on the way down is equivalent to -10kg pulley set up on the fingerboard).

Not sure how to go about if ice cream van is in the layby. Probably have to walk here still connected to belayer for the ascent to still remain live...

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads

Your darn tooting. Go climbing with Ben. He'll always try to preserve your onsight.

:lol: :lol:  I can't tell if your comment is because of the spanish belay I gave you on Sticky Wicket or that I never go leading.

Just don't let the ambulance crew cut the rope or you'll have to downclimb from bolt 3 again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal