UKBouldering.com

Shauna announces retirement from Comp Climbing (Read 4057 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Quote from: shauna link=www.instagram.com/p/CQEcSWyB9f4
I’m channeling everything I have left, everything I’ve learnt over the years and focussing all my energy on the games. This will be my next and also my last competition as a professional competition climber.

After years of being ready, years of preparation, off seasons spent fighting to get to the start line, years of harnessing the desire, the determination and the belief it feels so wrong to admit I no longer want to do competitions. It feels alien. I know how to compete. I know how to come back from injury. How to embrace the highs and navigate the lows. I’ve done it. Time and time again. I know how to be up there with the best. I’ve stood on 30 World Cup podiums, won 11 gold medals. I’ve been there no matter what was thrown my way. But this time it’s different. I’m different, the world is different.

I know that I have one fight left in me and despite so many unknowns it feels right to be putting everything I have left into such a special moment for our sport.

The Olympics will be my last event as a professional competition climber. I’ve thought long and hard about this and I have many emotions. I made this decision a little while back due to many reasons. But right now all I can think about is how grateful I am. The breadth and depth of my experiences is hard to comprehend. This sport has given me so so much. And to this wonderful community who have supported me through the highs and the lows and I can’t thank you enough!

I can’t help but think of all the rock climbs that I’ve been putting on hold for this moment and I’m excited to keep sharing this wild life of mine with you all. But for now my focus remains firmly on being the best that I can be and getting off the ground with a smile on my face out in Tokyo!

Thank you so much for being on this journey with me 💕

Looking forward to seeing what she gets done on rock

Teaboy

• forum hero
"I’ve stood on 30 World Cup podiums, won 11 gold medals."

That is amazing, what a talent! Let's hope she goes out n a massive high

Danny

• junky
I really like the comps, but will be great to see her on rock more. Ditto the likes of Ondra.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal