UKBouldering.com

Wanted: Grigri (Read 1605 times)

remus

• forum hero
Wanted: Grigri
June 05, 2021, 04:20:42 pm
Anyone got a grigri (any vintage) that they'd be willing to part with for a fee?

lurcher

• regular
#1 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 05, 2021, 04:44:20 pm
I've got a grigri that's surplus. Yours for not very much. Pm me if interested

remus

• forum hero
#2 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 05, 2021, 05:01:31 pm
Ace, thanks, just PMd to sort details.

lurcher

• regular
#3 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 05, 2021, 05:38:37 pm
Replied but something seems to go awry when I send pms it says I've replied but nothing shown as sent in messages. If u didn't get it shout/pm me another way to get in touch.

lurcher

• regular
#4 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 05, 2021, 06:29:28 pm
I offered remus this in good faith for free/mrt donation thinking it was for climber who needed one.

Turns out it's for a relative who's a handyman to do some work on a roof and I was to post it straight to him. . So I've declined to send it. Not comfortable with posting a gri gri to a non climber for work purposes. 

Have replied in same to remus who had donated to mrt before mentioning the handyman to me.

Perhaps better to be clear when posting eh. It's a climbing forum. Not Bob the builder wants and needs.

webbo

• forum hero
#5 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 05, 2021, 08:39:04 pm
Do you not think Remus might be able to show home or her how to use. What would be difference to showing a novice climber how to use one.
It ain’t rocket science.

lurcher

• regular
#6 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 05, 2021, 09:01:32 pm
Well of course he could but that's not the point. I was just thinking I was helping a local climber who needed a gri gri then I get asked to post it to a builder in Liverpool for work.   Just seemed a bit off that and the wrong thing to be doing.

Anyway I've msgd Remus about it so he can reply to me pm or here.   

webbo

• forum hero
#7 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 05, 2021, 10:02:24 pm
Anyone got a grigri (any vintage) that they'd be willing to part with for a fee?
He just asked if anyone had one to sell. You seem to be making it some sort of moral debate.

lurcher

• regular
#8 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 05, 2021, 11:12:25 pm
Moral debate? No, not my intention.

Just not prepared to knowingly send a gri gri to a random person knowing it will be used for their work (it's not a work device). 

Has possible  'chain of event' implications in the event random builder uses the gri gri I sent him, fucks up, falls off roof and dies.

Different to eg selling it on ebay, just giving it to Remus etc.

Not having a go at Remus just raised it for discussion I'm sure he hadn't even thought of if the way I did.

Thats all.

webbo

• forum hero
#9 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 06, 2021, 08:16:37 am
Sell to fellow climber who fucks up using it drops mate who dies, not a great deal of difference. When you bought did the shop make you do a competency test before selling you it.

wasbeen

• menacing presence
#10 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 06, 2021, 08:43:54 am
Hi Remus. I have a gri-gri+ for sale. Couple of years old. As new condition.£35 posted?
Cheers.

remus

• forum hero
#11 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 06, 2021, 08:51:37 am
Hey lurcher, no stress, I can see why you may have reservations. Thanks for the offer of refunding the MRT donation, no worries though as it's all money to a good cause.

For transparency, it's for my recently retired father in law who's a handyman. He was just down in sheffield helping me with some work on my roof. I showed him how to rig up a rope to give him a little more security and he was well psyched. He mentioned he was going to do some pointing on a neighbours chimney in a couple of weeks so I gave him an old rope and harness I had lying around but I havent got a grigri (or similar) lying around.

remus

• forum hero
#12 Re: Wanted: Grigri
June 06, 2021, 08:57:49 am
Hi Remus. I have a gri-gri+ for sale. Couple of years old. As new condition.£35 posted?
Cheers.

Thanks, just PMd you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal