UKBouldering.com

Topic split: Fear and Loathing in Llandudno (Read 18292 times)

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Eder is giving the scene in Yorkshire and changing the way people look at the routes ... he can jump really really high!

I guess Lattice now needs to add box jumps and the vertical leap to its assessments!  Although, it seems utterly contrived they're used by the NFL to assess college draftees - supposedly a measure of athletic potential for positions that require "explosiveness" and "first step quickness"   E.g. Myles Garrett, a 20 stone defensive end (i.e. one of the  big fellas who tries to mash Quarterbacks) doing a 58" jump:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1688264818049029

Doylo

• forum hero
Eder is a knee genius. From his description of them one would be forgiven for thinking they're all piss easy jug kneebars but they definitely aren't!  :lol: He's also using a different, more leftwards sequence on Rainman I believe which Steve (and Josh) identified but decided not to use because it became much more plausible to traverse to the Rainshadow ledge for a rest if you went this way. Apologies if any of the above is wrong. (check with Steve shark!)

It's great the shakeup Eder is giving the scene in Yorkshire and changing the way people look at the routes (He is unfeasibly good at kneebarring and has an unbelievably strong core and legs (he can jump really really high!)  The progress handhold /foothold incident was clearly just a sign of things to come!

He must be next level as even turning the heads of hardcore kneebarrers like Jordan  :lol: Planted by the Spanish government to get us back for Brexit?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Planted by the Spanish government to get us back for Brexit?

Don’t call him Spanish!

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
send in the Basques!

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)

On the #biggradesforbadbeta maybe on boulders eliminates are more part of the game but fuck eliminates on routes and fuck technique elimination full stop.

A mate did Brother from another mother (or similar, don't remember exactly) in Indian Creek as a layback. He took 8c instead of 7a+

Late to the party on this one.

Jwi, you actually make a serious point there, in my opinion.

I think it probably is valid to "take" a particular grade. I often think of the grade as being like a currency, traded in the climbing "market".

If we didn't think of grades as being so fixed to a particular piece of rock, we may not have this difficulty.

How often is grade the motivating factor? - at least, the notion that X is harder than Y.

.. Louis Armstrong/Louis Legstrong? Quite like the names Louis Frigged and Louis Free Now  ;D

Quality vid Doylo. Really enjoyed it  ;D

Doylo

• forum hero
Planted by the Spanish government to get us back for Brexit?

Don’t call him Spanish!

Scrap that theory then. I doubt the Basque county council care about Brexit.

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
Not really, climbers says stuff like "Route A is 8a to the 5th bolt, then a 7A boulder into sustained 7b climbing" all the time, but no one ever claims that they have a done an 8a route by climbing Route A up to the 5th bolt.

Just whack an anchor by that 5th bolt and job's a good 'un.

Yes.

This is rarely done except at the very highest levels though.... (Alex Huber and Arnaud Petit, we are looking at you)

Let's not forget Tormented Ejaculation.

Petty

#82 Northumberland trad
January 09, 2022, 08:52:01 am
Has many people on here done the rake e1 at great wanny

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal