UKBouldering.com

BasicJizz (Read 17379 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
BasicJizz
May 01, 2021, 08:27:56 pm
I’ve been holding off approving new member “BasicJizz” on the basis that it’s got to be Dan - right?

Anyway thought I’d put it to the membership for a vote. 50%+ majority and I’ll approve. Abstain/Pink Anastazi counts in the voting pool.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1 Re: BasicJizz
May 01, 2021, 09:14:43 pm
No option for "we let him in, but he has to make the tea for the first two weeks"?

webbo

• forum hero
#2 Re: BasicJizz
May 01, 2021, 09:19:22 pm
No option for "we let him in, but he has to make the tea for the first two weeks"?
And bring cakes.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#3 Re: BasicJizz
May 01, 2021, 09:23:24 pm
And bring cakes.

There’d better be cherries on those cakes

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#4 Re: BasicJizz
May 01, 2021, 09:49:11 pm
And bring cakes.

Oh yeah.
Great thinking.

petejh

• forum hero
#5 Re: BasicJizz
May 01, 2021, 09:54:30 pm
Only thread they're allowed to post in is power club for the first six months.  :popcorn:

battery

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: BasicJizz
May 01, 2021, 10:38:26 pm
Regardless of who it is the name is pretty crap/gross and not exactly putting across an atmosphere of welcome and friendliness

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#7 Re: BasicJizz
May 01, 2021, 10:48:42 pm
Regardless of who it is the name is pretty crap/gross and not exactly putting across an atmosphere of welcome and friendliness

You can talk - Mr Battery - first name Assaultand 😉

battery

• obsessive maniac
#8 Re: BasicJizz
May 01, 2021, 10:51:51 pm
Mrs...

Never even thought of that! Was trying to think of a name and there was a Duracell sat on the desk Infront of me, that was it!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

battery

• obsessive maniac
#10 Re: BasicJizz
May 01, 2021, 11:00:04 pm
Wasn't meant to be a joke, nor a comment on assuming I'm male (which it wasn't, not having a dig), it was simply a statement of fact.

It would not be beyond the realms of possibility for me to have missed something however.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 11:19:34 pm by battery »

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#11 Re: BasicJizz
May 01, 2021, 11:23:03 pm

I agree

Basic Jazz would be cool with me

andy popp

• forum hero
#12 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 05:46:02 am
Wasn't meant to be a joke, nor a comment on assuming I'm male (which it wasn't, not having a dig), it was simply a statement of fact.

It would not be beyond the realms of possibility for me to have missed something however.

I suspect Simon is probably just laughing at himself for not knowing.

andy popp

• forum hero
#13 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 05:52:52 am
a) Shark, can you not ask them to in some way identify themselves?
b) yes, it's a stupid, crass name.
c) if you determine it is Dan, please stick to whatever your decision was after the last bout.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#14 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 08:17:44 am
Dan did himself, in a moment of lucid clarity, request a 6 month/year (can't remember which) ban. UKB seems quite triggering for him and his interactions here must have a negative impact on him. I'd say no in respect of his own wishes.

And if it's not Dan then fuck them off anyway. Anyone joining with the name BasicJizz isn't coming (cumming?) with good intentions.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#15 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 08:26:08 am
a) Shark, can you not ask them to in some way identify themselves?
b) yes, it's a stupid, crass name.
c) if you determine it is Dan, please stick to whatever your decision was after the last bout.

Sent an email a few days ago asking if it’s Dan but no reply. The email address was very obviously set up just for registration.

andy popp

• forum hero
#16 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 08:30:29 am
Fair enough. I think if they won't/don't respond then you shouldn't approve.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#17 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 08:31:53 am

Sorry. There are so few women on here I thought I knew all posters who are. Wrong again.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#18 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 08:53:06 am
I'm indifferent to the vote but I fully support the stupid and crass (but non-discriminatory) name and I guess would say let them in solely on that basis. Also pete's idea is a work of genius  :2thumbsup:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#19 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 10:08:13 am
Edit: OTOH, I do love battery's creative naming  :2thumbsup:

Plattsy

• forum hero
#20 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 10:09:20 am
Dan did himself, in a moment of lucid clarity, request a 6 month/year (can't remember which) ban. UKB seems quite triggering for him and his interactions here must have a negative impact on him. I'd say no in respect of his own wishes.

And if it's not Dan then fuck them off anyway. Anyone joining with the name BasicJizz isn't coming (cumming?) with good intentions.
Dan wasn't the only one triggered by Dan's interaction here.
You're making assumptions based on a moniker.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#21 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 10:17:14 am
Offensive name. Opposed on that basis.

tomtom

• forum hero
#22 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 10:21:20 am
Fiend - not so long ago didn’t you try and find the most crass avatar picture you could get away with 😁😂?

(Meant in a 😁 way xx)

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#23 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 12:12:10 pm
Jizz or giss is the overall impression or appearance of a bird garnered from such features as shape, posture, flying style or other habitual movements, size and colouration combined with voice, habitat and location. The concept was popularised in birdwatching, but is so useful that it has since been adopted increasingly widely by field biologists in referring to the impression of the general characteristics of other animals.[1][2][3] It similarly appears in such fields of observational biology as microscopy.[4] Ecologists and botanists may speak of "habitat jizz" or the jizz of a plant.[5]

Sean Dooley described jizz as "the indefinable quality of a particular species, the 'vibe' it gives off" and notes that although it is "dismissed by many as some kind of birding alchemy, there is some physical basis to the idea of jizz."[6]

Experienced birders can often make reliable identifications in the field at a glance by using jizz. Often jizz is useful for identifying to the family or genus level, rather than the species level, as in: "It definitely had the jizz of a thrush, but I couldn't see what kind."

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#24 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 12:59:31 pm
Phenomenology innit.

tomtom

• forum hero
#25 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 01:41:02 pm
Phenomenology innit.

Isn’t that collecting stamps? 😁

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#26 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 02:25:49 pm
Isn't BasicJizz a play on words on Basic Jez an old School Room (??) problem?? Thus very slightly clever as well as completely inoffensive (it's hardly ISuckedHitlersCock or GapingVagina etc).

Tomtom that was a slightly puerile escalation of censorship wars, I'm much more mature these days*  ::)

* - almost of the a 14 year old's sense of humour now!

Paul B

• forum hero
#27 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 03:54:20 pm
Isn't BasicJizz a play on words on Basic Jez an old School Room (??) problem?? Thus very slightly clever as well as completely inoffensive (it's hardly ISuckedHitlersCock or GapingVagina etc).

Yes. RHS of the board with a foot to hand and big lock.

SamT

• forum hero
#28 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 09:01:59 pm
Jizz or giss is the overall impression or appearance of a bird garnered from such features as shape, posture, flying style or other habitual movements, size and colouration combined with voice, habitat and location. The concept was popularised in birdwatching, but is so useful that it has since been adopted increasingly widely by field biologists in referring to the impression of the general characteristics of other animals.[1][2][3] It similarly appears in such fields of observational biology as microscopy.[4] Ecologists and botanists may speak of "habitat jizz" or the jizz of a plant.[5]

Sean Dooley described jizz as "the indefinable quality of a particular species, the 'vibe' it gives off" and notes that although it is "dismissed by many as some kind of birding alchemy, there is some physical basis to the idea of jizz."[6]

Experienced birders can often make reliable identifications in the field at a glance by using jizz. Often jizz is useful for identifying to the family or genus level, rather than the species level, as in: "It definitely had the jizz of a thrush, but I couldn't see what kind."

Pretty sure Giss was a WW2 reference to identifying enemy aircraft and stood for "General Impression of Size and Shape" which, post war, transferred to birding and identification of birds via the general impression of size and shape .

Bastardised into Jizz as some unknown point.

Edit - or maybe not - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizz_(birding)

webbo

• forum hero
#29 Re: BasicJizz
May 02, 2021, 09:22:29 pm
Where does Sid’s Jizz fit in to all this. Nickname for mega grip liquid chalk made by Big Sid Siddqui.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal