UKBouldering.com

Cars, Cars, Electric CARS !! (Read 40355 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
#250 Re: Cars, Cars, Electric CARS !!
December 24, 2023, 04:31:18 pm
I was reading the comments on Jim’s question and wanted to ask about the 30 day refund thing.

My parents just got a car from a dealer and it is having various issues. Nothing serious so far, but the sunroof has started leaking now we’ve had some prolonged rain.

The dealer (2 hours away) said to take it to their recommended garage, but they have refused to fix it having done similar jobs in past and it always ending up being a mammoth job to fix. A few other local garages have said the same too.

The dealer has asked them to bring it back in the new year and they will give a courtesy car whilst they try to get it sorted. They got it on 8th December, so well within the 30 days.

I said that I would ask about the rules around returning, as I had never realised it was even possible. They are okay with keeping it at the moment but as the dealer is a 2 hour drive away they are reluctant to keep taking it back there if it is a pain to fix.

They part exchanged an old car (£500) if that makes any difference. Not sure on the dealer either but it will likely have been a decent sized one rather than a small outfit.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#251 Re: Cars, Cars, Electric CARS !!
December 24, 2023, 05:49:28 pm
Might be worth looking at what Citizen’s Advice guidance can offer?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/buying-or-repairing-a-car/problems-with-a-used-car/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal