UKBouldering.com

[Peak] [Various] [7C-8B(?)] (Read 2550 times)

jimpopeonarope

• regular
[Peak] [Various] [7C-8B(?)]
April 14, 2021, 02:07:30 pm
For those that are interested, I've recently put up several FA's on the grit from 7C through to quite hard, but more ascents will tell.

I've put photos and info for each of the climbs on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/156943872@N06/

Jim

remus

• forum hero
#1 Re: [Peak] [Various] [7C-8B(?)]
April 14, 2021, 03:00:08 pm
Nice Jim, looks like good stuff.

jimpopeonarope

• regular
#2 Re: [Peak] [Various] [7C-8B(?)]
April 14, 2021, 03:13:53 pm
I've seen that Flickr asks for a huge amount of cookies so here's a list of the problems and info:

'Gorillas in the mist' 8A - Stanage plantation
Starts sat with a low sidepull and hand on the arete, then climbs the wall staying left of the faint crack and big holds out right. Some really nice holds and cool moves. The boulder is found in between the lone boulder and the brad pit boulder.

'Nauti Buoy' 7C+ - Birchen
Starts on a pocket and crimp in the roof beneath 'Anchor management'.
climb the lip to the arete then finish up this keeping to the right-hand side. Eliminates the back wall at all points.

'Truffle' 8A - Burbage south
From a low crouch/sit on the crimp and low pinch, climb up the blunt arête. The boulder is directly beneath Parthian.

'Echo chamber' 7C+ - Burbage south
Left of Leotard legend is a prow feature. Start hanging the juggy lip at the bottom and slap your way up to finish at a jug at the apex of the prow. No footblocks.

'Gardeners world' 7C+ - Cratcliffe
From sat on the slopey pinch, climb the blunt right arete avoiding the pod in the middle of the wall. The boulder can be found in the amphitheatre, there's a great little circuit of new boulders in the low 6’s through to high 7’s

'Ripe for the picking' 7C - Gardoms south
Climbs the bulge direct on slopers and pockets, avoiding the juggy pockets out right. The boulder is 15m left of 'the sausage of king Meersbrook'

'Jim's Bulge' 8A - Burbage south
Hidden among the cluster of boulders above the south quarry at Burbage south. Start low with LH on the arete and RH on the low side-pull. quite hard to find, the photo helps.

'Bloodhound' 8B(?) - Howshaw Tor
The direct line above ‘Hare today gone tomorrow'. Starting on the crack climb straight up via a lovely pinch. Felt like one of the hardest things I’ve done on grit (8B?) but I think for the taller folk it might not be too bad. More ascents will tell! It's really good climbing in a great setting, take a few pads!

Bradders

• forum hero
#3 Re: [Peak] [Various] [7C-8B(?)]
April 14, 2021, 04:11:07 pm
Nice one, thanks for sharing. Some great looking stuff.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#4 Re: [Peak] [Various] [7C-8B(?)]
April 14, 2021, 05:55:25 pm
Thanks for reposting the info on here, that's useful (well for those that climb hard).

Making good use out of the false and ignorable "calling of the lime"  ;)

cofe

• forum hero
#5 Re: [Peak] [Various] [7C-8B(?)]
April 14, 2021, 08:40:25 pm
Nice one. Great to see that the Howshaw line has been done.

sirlockoff

• regular
  • god's own rock
  • @sirlockoff
    • Peak district bouldering sends
#6 Re: [Peak] [Various] [7C-8B(?)]
April 17, 2021, 08:04:59 am
nice one Jim, quality additions! Just by pure chance I wanted to do 6B+ and discovered "ripe for the picking" next to it, it felt nice enough for me to spend more than 1 session on it , looking forward to have play on echo chamber as well

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal