the shizzle > MoonBoard

Dehumidifier for damp holds

<< < (2/4) > >>

daddy long legs:

--- Quote from: Bradders on March 17, 2021, 10:54:20 am ---The space heater under the board certainly works to allow you to have a session on dry holds. However you need to sort it out permanently, as the holds will probably start to grow mold soon and will eventually fall apart. Ply holds are the absolute worst for soaking up moisture.

I've done / am doing a few things:

- Fit insulation. Bit of a ball ache to do after the board is up but certainly helps create a more stable atmosphere.
- Add a foam floor. Gym mat type flooring works well.
- Improve the air circulation in the shed. Can do this by fitting air vents in the walls, and / or a whirligig type extractor like you'd see on a van.

--- End quote ---

Yep, this definitely helps. While warming up I blast the fan in the direction of the wall with the heater underneath.

daddy long legs:
Thanks for all the tips! Began insulating but it's a big old room so expensive and time consuming

SA Chris:
Personally I think insulating is of least value of all the options presented. Extractor of some sort, combined with increasing airflow with an air heater or blower would be more beneficial except on days when it is very hot and humid anyway.

daddy long legs:
Well as the MB's directly under the roof tiles with zero insulation, I'm hoping the insulation will also help keep it cool when it's hot. Last summer was like an oven in there!

SA Chris:
Yeah it got pretty hot on my garage board on both the days of summer we had in Scotland last year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version