the shizzle > MoonBoard

Dehumidifier for damp holds

<< < (4/4)

jeh:
Looking at investing in a plug in air conditioning unit for the home board which is out in the garage. It tends to stay pretty dry/non damp but gets really quite hot in there even when its not very warm outside (windows get the sun in the afternoon).  Its a pretty small space (Approx 3x4m). Has anyone had any luck with air conditioning making a worthwhile difference? Any if so do you have any recommendations on what to get? Cheers

SA Chris:
Open all windows and doors and try a fan? Moving air makes a lot of difference.

jeh:
I do have a big fan mounted behind the board which does help a lot, I'm just after those crisp training conditions! Don't want to shell out a couple of hundred quid for it to only make a one degree difference in temperature.

Fultonius:

--- Quote from: jeh on August 21, 2023, 11:37:22 am ---I do have a big fan mounted behind the board which does help a lot, I'm just after those crisp training conditions! Don't want to shell out a couple of hundred quid for it to only make a one degree difference in temperature.

--- End quote ---

Is it linked to sunny days / roof getting roasting? You could whack in some PIR insulation boards, or even cover your roof in solar panels? Double win, cut down the solar heating of the garage AND generate some clean electrons.

jeh:
That is likely part of the cause. I'll get some insulation in between the rafters and see if that helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version