UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Brownlow Rocher][Loads][Easy-quite difficult] (Read 1924 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Nowt to do with me, but the chaps have sent over the guide to be hosted on Unknown Stones. Looks like a nice gaff with loads of easy things to go at and some harder offerings/projects too.

https://unknownstones.com/brownlow-rocher/

Felix14

• regular
I'm sure that's been climbed on a lot but nice to see it properly developed

Muesli

• addict
Looks good, thanks for posting.
I have a wedding to attended in Grenoside in July so will give it a go.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I'm sure that's been climbed on a lot but nice to see it properly developed

Yeah. One suspects that, being so close to Sheffield, it must have been poked and prodded over the years. Nonetheless, great to see people putting in the effort to get it so thoroughly developed and documented for the enjoyment of all.

Fatboyslimfast2

• regular
Climbed here in 2008 after seeing it whilst biking in the woods, nothing hard but some good rock and away from it all.
Possibly now best time as I think the bracken gets well out of hand.

BAndy

• player
Great stuff and good to see it all in a topo. However, I'm not sure if the topo should say there is "plenty of on-road parking" if the car park is full. The road near the car park is difficult to drive along when it's busy as it effectively becomes a single track with one side completely blocked by parked vehicles. There are a limited number of roadside parking spots a bit north of the car park.

Scrambled_Ry

Response to a few things, we know people have climbed there in the past mostly 2s and 3s. We hope we've opened up a fair few bits above 6a and a few in the 7s. Pos projects higher.

On road parking. There's room for 30 odd cars in the car park and I've regularly seen 100+ cars on the road without issue. You can also park in the lay-by for dragons den and walk in the opposite side.

Yes it has been effort but hopefully worth it in the long run even if it just spreads us all out a bit.

The bracken will def get out of hand but some of the areas will certainly be ok. We've been up there from December to now and had no issues

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal