UKBouldering.com

Five Ten Crawe vs Aleon (Read 7239 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#25 Re: Five Ten Crawe vs Aleon
February 15, 2021, 01:05:35 pm
I saw the other day that they’ve officially called time on the whole Anasazi range.

Just noticed there’s what looks like a kind of modernised Pink on the Adidas website called the NIAD. Would be interesting (from an academic viewpoint as I’ve switched to Unparallel to the extent that I have a stockpile of the two types I like) to know what they’re re like compared to the previous Pinks and if they’ll be releasing a NIAD Velcro.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#26 Re: Five Ten Crawe vs Aleon
February 15, 2021, 01:23:27 pm
I had to look up what a NIAD is, best I could find is

"National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases"

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#27 Re: Five Ten Crawe vs Aleon
February 15, 2021, 01:36:10 pm
Just noticed there’s what looks like a kind of modernised Pink on the Adidas website called the NIAD.

Looks like they’ve modelled the toe box on a duck bill, not seen anything quite so squared off at the end of a climbing shoe before!

dunnyg

• forum hero
#28 Re: Five Ten Crawe vs Aleon
February 15, 2021, 01:36:41 pm
Nose I  A Day seems the most likely candidate?

Bradders

• forum hero
#29 Re: Five Ten Crawe vs Aleon
February 15, 2021, 01:51:40 pm
I notice there is also a VCS version of the Dragon which again must be similar to the Crawe and Aleon and in the same colours. Presumably a little more downturned again (the old ones crippled my arches as do most severely downturned shoes).

They're product range boggles my mind. How on earth is anyone supposed to pick a suitable pair when there are so many options?!

Has anyone tried the new Dragons?

Yoof

• menacing presence
#30 Re: Five Ten Crawe vs Aleon
February 15, 2021, 02:07:36 pm
Own two pairs of the dragons (lace). Nothing like the old ones fit wise. More like a hiangle, but a fair bit softer with really sticky rubber. Rate them highly so far. Heel is better (closer fitting) than on the old dragons too.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#31 Re: Five Ten Crawe vs Aleon
February 15, 2021, 02:19:25 pm
Looks like they’ve modelled the toe box on a duck bill, not seen anything quite so squared off at the end of a climbing shoe before!

Yeah, didn’t spot that. Looks like the same toe shape as the Moccs, which they’re also ditching. Given the name I suppose they’re aiming them at people who want to do a lot of crack climbing, although I wouldn’t choose lace-ups for that personally.

lurcher

• regular
#32 Re: Five Ten Crawe vs Aleon
February 15, 2021, 02:34:47 pm
Own two pairs of the dragons (lace). Nothing like the old ones fit wise. More like a hiangle, but a fair bit softer with really sticky rubber. Rate them highly so far. Heel is better (closer fitting) than on the old dragons too.

Yoof how do you find the sizing c/w old dragons?  Ta

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal