UKBouldering.com

British men who have climbed >= E9 and british women who have climbed >= E7 (Read 37516 times)

remus

• forum hero
Good knowledge, thanks Submax.

For the sports list one of the criteria is that it has to be on bolts, makes the list easier to maintain.

Unfortunately a 'hard trad' (i.e. hard sport grades on trad) would be tricky to implement at the moment, as the way it's setup at the moment each route can only have one grade e.g. an E grade or a sport grade.

submaximal gains

• player
Rachel Pearce has headpointed Meirionnydd at  Moelwyn Bach (E7 6b). Jame MchHaffie may have done the first ascent recently.

remus

• forum hero
Rachel Pearce has headpointed Meirionnydd at  Moelwyn Bach (E7 6b). Jame MchHaffie may have done the first ascent recently.

Good knowledge as per. I've updated the list.

remus

• forum hero
Stalking ukc logbooks it looks like someone may have ticked  Muy Caliente at the weekend, anyone know who the mystery logger is?

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper

remus

• forum hero
Angus Kille.

Good knowledge, thanks.

Good skills on Point Blank by the way! Sounds like an amazing experience.

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper
Belaying Daphne on her first E7 (having skipped E3,E4, E5 and E6) whilst watching Angus going for it in slightly greasy conditions was up there with most stressful belay experiences I've had too!  :o

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Remus - is the climbing history site just yours? I heard that Steve Lewis is also keeping an updated top climbers list and wondered whether that is something separate or you are collaborating?   

remus

• forum hero
Remus - is the climbing history site just yours? I heard that Steve Lewis is also keeping an updated top climbers list and wondered whether that is something separate or you are collaborating?

Yes, it's just me at the mo though I've been tentatively trying to recruit other people who might be interested in contributing as  there's lots of areas of climbing history I know very little about (shameless plug https://climbing-history.org/sign-up) and longer term it'll be much more interesting if there's multiple people contributing.

I hadn't heard about Steve's list, if you've got any contact details for him I'd be interested in chatting to him about it, Id be keen for a potential collaboration if he's up for it.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Try messaging him via UKC.  www.ukclimbing.com/user/profile.php?id=23072

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll get other contact details 

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
Megan Cosgrove has done Electrical Avenue, Crackoholic and Sista Bossen, all 8a, all in Bohuslän and all on gear. Should all be E7 at least.

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
Ricky Bell's blog post on Long Run's the Fox here http://rickybel-fast.blogspot.com/2015/06/through-green-door-across-rubicon-and.html
Video here

note the 5:10 knee pad.

That bit about the fox in the first vid is my highlight of the day.

Divided looks ace  :2thumbsup:

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
Ricky Bell's blog post on Long Run's the Fox here http://rickybel-fast.blogspot.com/2015/06/through-green-door-across-rubicon-and.html
Video here

The way Ricky holds it together on that slab is simply amazing

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
Not sure this is the right place, but just watched this (decidedly average, but interesting to see historical footage) piece on Gullich as the greatest ever. Now, I revere Gullich as much as anyone, as a total legend. But....do the claims of this video stack up?

I'm sure I heard him say it was the first, 8b, first 8b+ (marc le menestrel) first 8c, 8c+ and 9a (Hubble?).

So, with the "revisionist" view of climbing grades, where does this stand?

remus

• forum hero
Is this the ascetionism vid? If so it's about right, or as close as you can get when talking about first of the grades.

https://climbing-history.org/climber/525/wolfgang-g%C3%BCllich

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
At ye, that war the one. I guess I thought it could be just a shift of 1 year from all of his "firsts" to be not firsts. Not try to pull him down, just interested in the cold facts.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal