UKBouldering.com

Sharkathon 2021 🏆 (Read 30189 times)

nik at work

• forum hero
#325 Re: Sharkathon 2021 🏆
January 31, 2021, 11:02:34 pm
Final day
Usual dog walking, stretching and foam rolling plus a gentle hour on the road bike this morning.

Done something (albeit quite often not much of something...) most days. It has definitely kept me going on the stretching and foam rolling regime, stuff that I’d normally drop after a couple of day, so for that a big thanks to my fellow sharkathletes.
Nice one chaps.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#326 Re: Sharkathon 2021 🏆
February 01, 2021, 08:44:20 am
28th - not much, unless you count lying under a kitchen sink for 20 mins just about dislocating shoulder trying to tighten a screw to stop taps from wobbling about. And trying to gather up all of ski touring kit, and modifying an old set of skins because the new pair are AWOL in the garage. Applying for a rollover due to the below.
29th - Ski tour up Morven. 5.5 k distance, 1000m vert, 4.5 hours on the hill. All type of snow as per typical Scotland, even found some Scottish Powder. Amazing day out.
40 min walk later on Banchory Golf Course. Frozen solid to the point people are ice skating on it. Most weird.

Last day, 5km walk around Stonehaven with family Started to snow.

Started new Year 14st 4, finished 13st 13 1/2. Still well outside my "happy" 13 1/2 st, and my race with of 13st which I can get to but is not sustainable.

limited myself to 1 drink on a Friday and Saturday night "as dry as can be".

50 k in running accumulated, plus one ski tour. Lots of walking. One day not doing any actual exercise, but still doing something, and made up for it the next day.

gollum

• obsessive maniac
#327 Re: Sharkathon 2021 🏆
February 01, 2021, 09:08:07 am
23rd Early walk, easy abs and yoga
24th as above, with slightly more difficult abs
25th walk, which was lovely and fresh. Abs, weights, yoga, fingerboard
26th Another walk, pinches and monos, easy abs, push, yoga
27th Early walk, hard abs/core, pull-ups, yoga, fingers
28th Later walk as sort out leak in house, easy abs, pinches and monos, push, yoga
29th As Wednesday
30th Walk, very easy abs, yoga, playing with finger stuff
31st Walk, abs and yoga

A good month.
- Kept walking going (although couldn’t motivate self got much running)
- Dry January ticked. Plan to maintain Dry Lockdown bar a couple of preplanned days when we have things to celebrate at home
- Start weight 161 lbs, end weight 150lbs, so 11lbs in month and 25 since beginning of November
- Yoga getting done everyday and loving it
- Lots of finger training (but not too much)
- Anxiety seems under better control and have strong habits and routines to help keep it that way
- Core strength and callisthenics party tricks improving
- Tinnitus still a pain and waking me up, but hopefully newly acquired app will help me stay asleep more.

Nutty

• obsessive maniac
#328 Re: Sharkathon 2021 🏆
February 01, 2021, 09:21:25 am
31st - Walk in the morning with the family. 40 mins stretching, mobility, push-ups and squats in the evening.

Good month in all, did something every day even if it was just 30mins stretching on a few days. Eased back in to climbing on the board after finger and elbow issues at the back end of last year - finger has held up to it and elbow has been ok. Getting out running again has been good, have explored some new areas and linked up some routes on longer runs. Not much weight loss to report ( ~1kg?) but body composition seems to be better (eyeballing things).

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#329 Re: Sharkathon 2021 🏆
February 01, 2021, 09:25:08 am
- Tinnitus still a pain and waking me up, but hopefully newly acquired app will help me stay asleep more.

Tell me more. I've got it as a result of being in artillery corps, bad nightclub soundsystems, and loud gigs. Seems to be getting worse even though I've not been near any of the above for a couple of years.

gollum

• obsessive maniac
#330 Re: Sharkathon 2021 🏆
February 01, 2021, 09:33:36 am

Tell me more. I've got it as a result of being in artillery corps, bad nightclub soundsystems, and loud gigs. Seems to be getting worse even though I've not been near any of the above for a couple of years.

Mine had got to the point where it would wake me up, so I’ve started sleeping with earphones next to the bed and then if I wake up I pop them on and listen to something from the Calmer app that drowns out the ringing, or probably more accurately takes the edge off it, and at the moment it seems to do the trick.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal