the shizzle > shootin' the shit

Covid Diaries

<< < (2/6) > >>

tomtom:
Moved back into lockdown training mode this week. As opposed to climbing and a bit of training.

I too had a great board session today - I didn’t feel invincible or strong, creaky and everything was hard. But - I did more than I’ve managed on it for the last 4-5 months including a couple of real last gasp dragging my shit together for each move ascents. Whilst not having ‘the flow’ that sometimes happens dragging a good performance out felt really really good. A good couple of catching holds wrong but just having to power through it. Ace.

DAVETHOMAS90:
Nice looking board there Remus  :punk:

.. and great session by the sounds of it, both, Remus, TomTom.

It's all getting a bit eighties out there. I predict some hard climbing getting done when this is all over, after a winter of pulling on 10mm wooden edges  :2thumbsup:   .. and big yellow blobs!

I wandered over to Broomgrove earlier, just as everyone else was leaving. Shouldn't really advertise it being so busy, but good to see folk there.

DAVETHOMAS90:
Re Covid-19 projects, my nights have been spent working on these, which I'm rather proud of  :2thumbsup:

I think they've come up F'ing beautifully. Mostly using things recovered in skips - ie. refurbished the orbital sander. The paint stripper, varnish, brushes, sandpaper and paint, also found.

As for training, my weapon of choice is my fingerboard:

The lovely long bevelled dowel in the centre, is one I picked out of the firewood basket at The Norfolk Arms (near Sheffield), one evening there with Mr JonathanR.

"Campus pulls":

Two finger "hangs"  ;D:

Not quite 6mm  ;)
Model wears Moon pants by MrJR x

mrjonathanr:
Looking a bit out of condition there Dave  :strongbench:

DAVETHOMAS90:
Thanks MrJR  ;D x

I had a fingerboard session at 3am this morning, just illustrating how out of kilter everything can get, and woke up with sore forearms.

Bizarre what can lighten ones mood  ;)
Fantastic  :dance1:

As significantly, for the past 20 years or so, I've been meaning to seal a gap around the edge of the concrete floor, under the cupboards in my kitchen. Out of sight, but seldom out of mind, because anything stored in the cupboards for a while, picks up a fusty smell and mould, which contaminates cooking.

It took me about 90 minutes last night to finally get a round tuit  :2thumbsup:

.. which is why I was on the fingerboard at 3am.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version