UKBouldering.com

[Scotland - Skye, Mull, Kishorn][a few problems][6A-7B+] (Read 1182 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Here’s a handful of new things I did while on hol in August. There are videos of the best two on instagram.com/jonfullwood/.

Triagh a Mhill, Mull
Found this nice little gabbro(ish) spot about a mile east of Erraid along the mainland coast. Stunning location and nicer rock to climb on than the usual granite hereabouts.

Both probs are on a prominent jutting block above a grassy slope. Pic and vid on my Instagram.

Diary of a Crimpy Kid 6A+ – Left side of the steep face from sitting. FA Spike Fullwood

* Mr Rossi 7B – Sit start with the crack and climb the prowy arete leftwards to topout on the steep side.

Bla Bheinn, Skye

Fionna 6A – Sit start to the big sharp arete on the massive block at 57.211413, -6.070793 - perhaps not worth the massive approach. There is potential for some harder highballs on the N and E faces, ab/ladder cleaning required.

** Hell to the Liars 7B+ - Absolute stunner on the massive boulder near the main path up the hill. About half way to the summit. From sitting climb the steep prowy SW arete. Climbed on my birthday, best present ever.

Kishorn Boulders

* The Moine Thrust 7B – On the Russel boulder, just left of Changed Days (aka End of Days). Sit start and climb the vague crackline.

andy_e

• forum hero
Nice one on writing these up Jon!

Bla Bheinn, Skye

** Hell to the Liars 7B+ - Absolute stunner on the massive boulder near the main path up the hill. About half way to the summit. From sitting climb the steep prowy SW arete. Climbed on my birthday, best present ever.

Can confirm this looks like a 4 star banger!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal