UKBouldering.com

Anal retentive Peak orientated question about SHIT. (Read 4496 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Shit @ Higgar: From the SS off jams at the back, where can you put your feet?? On the low blocky bit that juts out on the middle-right, or just on the  higher bits beneath the jams??

BTW, this is for the B7 that heads out and traverses the lip into the B5 mantle, I really fancy that.....Shit is waaaaay too hard for me :)

dave

i seem to remember trying not to use the bit on the right which (is memory serve me correctly) is to the right of a crack or some kinda natural obvious demarkation. basically if it feels like you're stood on the floor then its probably out.

probably don't matter much though, cos its the lip moves that are the hard ones, when you're off the back wall anyway.

cofe

• forum hero
good problem that one fiend. underrated big time. enjoy.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I had a right foot-jam and left foot an edge or smear I think.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
word cofe, good prob it indeed is.
Yeah defo 1 foot jammed in back there lovejoy (can't remember which tho), come out to the lip and take foot jam out and go up for the shelf

dave

i deffo didn't have a footjam in till youve gone left hadn out into lroof, then put one in to cross into the roof sidepull.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
You could well be right there D, it's been a while since I was on it.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Is the consensus then (i.e. Dave's reply), that the lower bit of rock down and right is out??

Dolly

• forum hero
Aye
Reckon its out.
Try smearing, then sticking just one foot jam in when you reach out for the lip to help your balance

a dense loner

• forum hero
down n right is out fiend. put right foot on smear n get left footlock next to left hand, go with left to first hold then right into sidepull type hold. run feet round to left then go left and again, match with right n go into top out on mantle/rockover of joy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal