the shizzle > equipment

Is resoling worth it?

(1/17) > >>

csl:
I've got an ever growing collection of shoes which I planned to get resoled, but having never done it before I'm wondering if its worth doing?

dunnyg:
I've used resoled ones indoors previously, was cheaper than buying a new pair, and i'm not too fussed about indoors. Saying that I currently have a growing collection I've not got round to doing.

Ross Barker:
I like to resole my shoes, I've used Llanberis in the past. On the other hand I have a friend who has a dozen or so pairs of solutions and he won't resole as to him the fit is never quite the same. FWIW he's also a much stronger climber than me.

I'd say it's worth trying so at least you know whether it works for you.

haydn jones:
You just need to resolve before going through on the toe. If you need a toe patch the shape will change and then it's fucked. I've done most of my hardest ascents in resoled shoes as it literally makes zero difference for ne in the toe. However I would say heel hooking becomes more difficult as the heel tends to become a bit baggy. So if I come across a hard heel hook I tend to have to use a newer shoe

cheque:
As Haydn says, If you don’t need to get the rands done it is totally worth it. I wrote a post extolling the virtues of getting them done at the right time on a similar thread on here a while ago.

I felt less than smug however when the resoled Anasazi velcros I’d expected to climb trad in this year unexpectedly developed a hole in the rand the third time I wore them :look: . To be honest I think a lot of the rand wear was from climbing offwidthy heel-toe jamming stuff and a period when I had suboptimal footwork due to nerve damage so won’t apply to most UKB users and I stand by my advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version