UKBouldering.com

Unknown Stones: The Talk. Fri 27th Nov. 7:30pm (Read 2788 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Unknown Stones: The Talk. Fri 27th Nov. 7:30pm
November 26, 2020, 08:54:38 pm
I hope nobody minds me posting up. I'm doing a slide night on Zoom tomorrow (Fri 27th) for the club that I'm part of (the LMC) about Unknown Stones. We will be talking about exploration, adventure, and there may be some piss-taking along the way. To help break up the dreary sound of my own voice, UKB's very own Mark Rankine will be showing us some unseen footage from new stuff he's done in the Peak, Yorkshire legend Paul Clarke will tell us tall tales of the Yorkshire scene over the ages, and Lindsay McMorran will share her favourite Unknown Stones experiences.

If you'd like to come along, it will be held on Zoom on Friday 27th (tomorrow) at 7:30pm. Obvs its free. To get a link to the Zoom meeting you need to go to this Facebook event and say you're attending. You should get a link to the Zoom meeting tomorrow.
https://fb.me/e/4zNKn0wd1

dunnyg

• forum hero
Will there be a competition? Prize of a classic FA in the winners chosen grade range.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
Sure, why not.

Alex-the-Alex

• menacing presence
Hi Will, sounds good! I will try and tune in. Will Paul be doing a Santa's grotto of new routes or is still too early?

UnkArl

• player
Is there another way to get the Zoom link? I’m not on FB (anymore).

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
Have sent you a PM, UnkArl.

I've put the Zoom link and password in the event details on Facebook. Facebook has changed a bit in that you can't now do a mass message drop to the invite list so this is the next best option.

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
Cheers Will. Worth getting out of a roadside bush you fell in drunk the night before for.

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Thanks Will, enjoyed the talk and only slightly damaged by the visualisation and your interest in small furry animals.
Your introduction to Mark   'Gritstone Jesus' Rankine was unforgettable, but mainly those Unknown Stones looked fantastic. You've inspired me and I definitely need to find time for a visit.
Cheers, Marc

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
Thanks for the nice comments, Marc and Steve.
I've popped it on YouTube for anybody wishing to relive the live retroclaims  :)
I've put chapter markers in there to make it easy to skip forward to any bits of particular interest. I especially enjoyed the chats with Paul and Mark who were both really good sports. If you can bear my stumbling delivery and woeful management of the technology and saying "like" almost every two seconds then I've had some nice positive feedback from people this morning saying that they've been inspired - which was the whole point really.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 10:46:02 am by Will Hunt »

andy popp

• forum hero
49 minutes - is that the thing you dragged me up the horrific, endless hillside of heather to try?

James Malloch

• forum hero
Thanks for posting it up, Will. Didn’t get chance to watch live but will have a look tonight.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
49 minutes - is that the thing you dragged me up the horrific, endless hillside of heather to try?

That's the one. In retrospect, best approached from the top of the moor dropping down!

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
Thanks Will, enjoyed the talk and only slightly damaged by the visualisation and your interest in small furry animals.
Your introduction to Mark   'Gritstone Jesus' Rankine was unforgettable, but mainly those Unknown Stones looked fantastic. You've inspired me and I definitely need to find time for a visit.
Cheers, Marc

I enjoyed the visualisation/furry animals. It complements the weirdness of those obsessed with esoterica.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal