UKBouldering.com

Topic split: status of link ups, traverses etc (Read 5658 times)

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Hence the purity of Malcs One Armer https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/raven_tor_millers_dale-146/malcs_one_armer-333176

I expect Nibile would approve...

I like that only one person in the logbook has claimed an on-sight - the rest have claimed a flash. What beta could there possibly be - "pull really hard; no harder than that: REALLY, REALLY hard"?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 07:20:35 pm by moose »

andy_e

• forum hero
There must be some finger-nestling microbeta?

Orrincoley

• player
    • Orrin Coley Climbing Adventure
I think another good list would be hardest UK Climbs.
8B+ Boulders and up, no link ups or traverses.
8c+ (9a?) Routes

http://eliteukbinventory.blogspot.com/?m=0

I'd seen that in the past but at the time there where no links, it was just an empty web page. Good to see it updated, but its still lacking and needs more/could be better

turnipturned

• forum abuser
I think another good list would be hardest UK Climbs.
8B+ Boulders and up, no link ups or traverses.
8c+ (9a?) Routes

http://eliteukbinventory.blogspot.com/?m=0

I'd seen that in the past but at the time there where no links, it was just an empty web page. Good to see it updated, but its still lacking and needs more/could be better

I am sure Greg would welcome contributions, I used to update the Yorkshire section, but couldn’t be arsed wading through Dan f**king Flickr account!

To be fair Dan used to update most of his stuff. Good document. Worth some collective effort!

andy popp

• forum hero
Hence the purity of Malcs One Armer https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/raven_tor_millers_dale-146/malcs_one_armer-333176

I like that only one person in the logbook has claimed an on-sight - the rest have claimed a flash. What beta could there possibly be - "pull really hard; no harder than that: REALLY, REALLY hard"?

It also gets three stars. Probably fair enough.

Plattsy

• forum hero
Surely the dream list is link-ups only!

Sillier the better.

Multiple lists then!

Actual climbs list, link ups list, traverse list, traverse/ link up list, holds to do a 1 armer of and claim 8A or higher list, followed by boulder/ route link ups using new made up on the spot grades list.
More lists the better.

Can we split traverses into two categories?
A left to right category and a right to left category. Thanks.

tomtom

• forum hero
So L-R traverses would be easier in the Northern Hemisphere and R-L in the Southern?

petejh

• forum hero
Shouldn't it be E - W travs are easier.. the holds are spinning towards you all you need to do is dyno!

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
A list of 8b or greater that require different shoe type on each foot  :popcorn:

andy_e

• forum hero

Expect?! There was a Thread where he was asking for the dimensions and he was hoping someone could send him over a plaster cast 😂

Where's the video of Nibs's training advice that was along the lines of "grab the crimp and pull really hard"?

Bradders

• forum hero
A list of 8b or greater that require different shoe type on each foot  :popcorn:

Surely that's literally every problem 6C+ and up?

To drag things back on topic, is there a concensus on the grade for Steve Dunning's Super Furry Animals? It was on the list at 8B+, then 8B on eliteukbouldering and 8A+ on UKC.

Has that even been repeated?

tomtom

• forum hero
Where's the video of Nibs's training advice that was along the lines of "grab the crimp and pull really hard"?

This thread is about to go full circle (again) and now merge with the Tyler Thingyman fingerboard recruitment protocol 😀

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Good luck to whoever thinks they can devise a logical, fair and consistent definition of what is/isn't a link-up, or a traverse for that matter. There's worse things than rabbits down that hole...

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Good luck to whoever thinks they can devise a logical, fair and consistent definition of what is/isn't a link-up, or a traverse for that matter. There's worse things than rabbits down that hole...

In nature’s hierarchy rabbits are nice so most things are worse than rabbits. Is the thing in the hole better than a balrog, for example?

petejh

• forum hero
There's worse things than rabbits down that hole...

Paul Daniels?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Worse than a Balrog, not as bad as a Paul Daniels

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Fucking love the Balrog, the whole Mines Of Moria scene was just amazing in the cinema on a massive screen:

Plattsy

• forum hero
"They have a cave troll"
Reyt line.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal