UKBouldering.com

KYLOE IN ACCESS (Read 1436 times)

SB

• regular
KYLOE IN ACCESS
November 01, 2020, 06:08:45 pm
Hi Everyone,
The harvesting work at Kyloe In has been completed as scheduled and access to the crag now returns to normal. There is some work ongoing nearby, so please use the agreed approach and avoid any machinery and associated works and timber stacks you encounter.

At some point in the near future access will be limited for a period while some chipping is done. Scottish Woodlands will advise me of the restrictions and I’ll post it out as usual.

At some point in the winter we will organise a ‘clean up’ of the crag. This will focus on clearing the exits of the routes, removing seedlings any debris that subsequently drops down onto the climbs.

Time will tell, but having seen the crag in its new state I think the harvesting will improve it. There’s plenty of stumps to belay from and the absence of a creeping damp moustache should see the routes stay in condition longer and dry out more quickly. I was there on a pretty windy day and while the crag was still very sheltered, I suspect it will be less prone to condensation.

Regards,

Steve

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Re: KYLOE IN ACCESS
November 01, 2020, 08:10:41 pm
Good news, sounds very promising. Will have to come back up for High T at some point.

At some point in the winter we will organise a ‘clean up’ of the crag. This will focus on clearing the exits of the routes, removing seedlings any debris that subsequently drops down onto the climbs.
  :wub:

SamT

• forum hero
#2 Re: KYLOE IN ACCESS
November 01, 2020, 10:06:23 pm
Might be easier when you get there Fiend.

At some point in the near future access will be limited for a period while some chipping is done

sorry - couldn't resist

SB

• regular
#3 Re: KYLOE IN ACCESS
November 02, 2020, 08:58:40 am
 ;D That went right over my head.....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal