UKBouldering.com

Revitalising old mats? (Read 6491 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#25 Re: Revitalising old mats?
November 14, 2020, 02:54:33 pm
Try emailing Alpkit. Last time I used them they were happy to help.

rainbow

• menacing presence
#26 Re: Revitalising old mats?
November 14, 2020, 04:14:53 pm
A few years ago I emailed the stoke one and they said they no longer supplied correct type of foam we were looking for. They did however point me the the direction of this company again based in stoke https://www.sydney-heath.com/
Can't remember which type I opted for. They do give out free small samples which was handy to choose from. Think I paid close to £60 and picked it up from factory so no postage costs.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#27 Re: Revitalising old mats?
February 18, 2022, 01:57:41 pm
You could give https://www.instagram.com/six5machineworks/ a dm for a quote for pad repairs.

He's a climber, based in Leeds, and used to work for Alpkit (I'm pretty sure making pads).

I've got the same issue with both my organics and have been meaning to arrange to get them fixed by him for a while now, I just need it to rain for several days so I won't miss them :devangel:

I used this guy to fix my pad in the end - he did a really nice job and works in Skipton a few days a week so I dropped it off to him there.

Really nice patch up and good value too.

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
#28 Re: Revitalising old mats?
February 18, 2022, 02:27:29 pm
acquired some offcuts from awesome walls ...awaiting cutting in the shed! Good recycling tho 👍

This worked pretty well, cutting the sides was easy enough with a panel saw. And once it's inside the covering all is forgiven. Getting the depth cut was more tricky but still doable (I was going from a piece of bouldering wall flooring (say 25cm) to 11cm. I added a bit of extra depth over the original and nibbled a bit off the sides to accommodate the extra volume.

The foam was in pretty good nick really. Not an option generally I guess, just got lucky on the timing of AW replacing/remodelling. The DIY wasn't hard though.

36chambers

• forum hero
#29 Re: Revitalising old mats?
February 18, 2022, 03:14:02 pm
You could give https://www.instagram.com/six5machineworks/ a dm for a quote for pad repairs.

He's a climber, based in Leeds, and used to work for Alpkit (I'm pretty sure making pads).

I've got the same issue with both my organics and have been meaning to arrange to get them fixed by him for a while now, I just need it to rain for several days so I won't miss them :devangel:

I used this guy to fix my pad in the end - he did a really nice job and works in Skipton a few days a week so I dropped it off to him there.

Really nice patch up and good value too.

+1

I eventually got round to getting my pads done and I'm very happy with the results. Obviously, I still have the same old foam, but the large frayed holes are all neatly patched up and any loose threads, like around the straps, have all been reenforced.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal