UKBouldering.com

Graffiti on Cromlech Roadside (Read 2047 times)

Anti

• menacing presence
  • Potato
Graffiti on Cromlech Roadside
September 23, 2020, 11:42:15 am
Just happened upon this on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFRpyj7D9kc/

Ignoring the frustrating and saddening debate around our local bigots, I am wondering:

With things like this, is there a danger that whatever the council do to clean it off will damage the rock face? Is it worth getting together a merry band of boulderers who might do a better job at preserving the problems etc?

jshaw

• addict
#1 Re: Graffiti on Cromlech Roadside
September 23, 2020, 11:56:45 am
worth getting together a merry band of boulderers who might do a better job at preserving the problems etc?

Nice idea. Would be worth considering how locals might view climbers if climbers were seen to be the ones washing it off.

Covid masks and high vis might be good camouflage though haha...

Anti

• menacing presence
  • Potato
#2 Re: Graffiti on Cromlech Roadside
September 23, 2020, 12:00:32 pm
worth getting together a merry band of boulderers who might do a better job at preserving the problems etc?

Nice idea. Would be worth considering how locals might view climbers if climbers were seen to be the ones washing it off.

Covid masks and high vis might be good camouflage though haha...

Good point, though I think regardless of your political views this sort of stuff is unpleasant and any reasonable person wouldn't like to see graffiti in the national park. I wouldn't be surprised if these sort of people were anti-climbers anyway, since a significant number of them are visitors to the area. God forbid anyone enjoy Wales and have fun here.

jshaw

• addict
#3 Re: Graffiti on Cromlech Roadside
September 23, 2020, 12:09:03 pm
Good point, though I think regardless of your political views this sort of stuff is unpleasant and any reasonable person wouldn't like to see graffiti in the national park. I wouldn't be surprised if these sort of people were anti-climbers anyway, since a significant number of them are visitors to the area. God forbid anyone enjoy Wales and have fun here.

Oh I completely agree. It just came to mind and thought I'd share it.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#4 Re: Graffiti on Cromlech Roadside
September 23, 2020, 02:25:19 pm
Fill in that god-awful morpho finger slot on the Edge Problem whilst you're there....

Anti

• menacing presence
  • Potato
#5 Re: Graffiti on Cromlech Roadside
September 23, 2020, 02:45:26 pm
Fill in that god-awful morpho finger slot on the Edge Problem whilst you're there....

Haha I didn't think it's morpho, it's shit for everyone. Though I suppose the entire bloc is morpho given how low the floor is compared to the start holds now!

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#6 Re: Graffiti on Cromlech Roadside
September 23, 2020, 07:40:24 pm
When the bowderstone got “the natational trust R wankers” spray painted on it, they just power washed it off.

After about two session the Bowderstone was in absolute PRIME condition.

Anti

• menacing presence
  • Potato
#7 Re: Graffiti on Cromlech Roadside
September 24, 2020, 09:25:56 am
When the bowderstone got “the natational trust R wankers” spray painted on it, they just power washed it off.

After about two session the Bowderstone was in absolute PRIME condition.

There is always the possibility the make it better. I think only a can of pledge could make the friction at Cromlech any worse. Still, be a shame if they did some proper damage, even if it is a bit shit (both figuratively and literally) there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal