UKBouldering.com

Slovenian bouldering comp tonight (Read 1512 times)

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
Slovenian bouldering comp tonight
September 06, 2020, 09:03:13 am
https://m.facebook.com/events/310338336963284

Looks like livestream is around 7pm

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Re: Slovenian bouldering comp tonight
September 06, 2020, 09:40:44 am
Cheers dude! That's tonight's dinner watching sorted. There is a competitions sub-forum down below btw VVV

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Slovenian bouldering comp tonight
September 06, 2020, 11:25:41 am
Ah yeah thought there was a comp thread somewhere!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#3 Re: Slovenian bouldering comp tonight
September 14, 2020, 10:26:29 am
Forgot to mention this, despite technical glitches at the start, bad lighting, and haphazard camerawork, this was good viewing. Some nicely varied problems and good climbing - the steeper ones in the middle especially. GME (I think?) and other "proper climbing" fans would have loved the men's blue M2 - proper board style beasting. GF's comment on the womens? "Janja should really be allowed to do the men's problems".

Anti

• menacing presence
  • Potato
#4 Re: Slovenian bouldering comp tonight
September 14, 2020, 11:15:54 am
So Slovenia currently crushing it in professional cycling, and seemingly in climbing too. I hear that Slovenians are really getting into the Tour at the moment due to their success, what're they like with climbing? How exciting for them!

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Re: Slovenian bouldering comp tonight
September 14, 2020, 12:57:18 pm
So Slovenia currently crushing it in professional cycling, and seemingly in climbing too. I hear that Slovenians are really getting into the Tour at the moment due to their success, what're they like with climbing? How exciting for them!

Slovenia has a strong climbing  history with very high rates of participation since the 19th century. If you read Steve House’s autobiog. (not especially recommended) he presents it as the national sport.  Admittedly until Janja and Mina came on the scene they were more noted for bearded high altitude suffering (Tomo Cesen, Tomaz Humar, Marko Prezelj) but it’s in the culture.

Anti

• menacing presence
  • Potato
#6 Re: Slovenian bouldering comp tonight
September 14, 2020, 01:27:25 pm

Slovenia has a strong climbing  history with very high rates of participation since the 19th century. If you read Steve House’s autobiog. (not especially recommended) he presents it as the national sport.  Admittedly until Janja and Mina came on the scene they were more noted for bearded high altitude suffering (Tomo Cesen, Tomaz Humar, Marko Prezelj) but it’s in the culture.

Cool, that's good to know, I imagine they've got high hopes for some olympic success between the two sports next year!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal