UKBouldering.com

Gritstone vidyo (Read 2361 times)

Kim

• forum abuser
Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 01:08:30 am
A bit light on the bouldering and heavy on the routes, but for those of you with broadband....

50-odd meg like. check it out.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 07:53:48 am
Jordan's fall from Above and Beyond is so funny.....Sweet vidyo  :D

a dense loner

• forum hero
#2 Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 09:56:46 am
go heavy on the bouldering n no routes at all n i may check it out :lol:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#3 Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 09:59:21 am
W3rd. Getting it. Although I've probably got some already from regularly collecting BD stuff.

Jordan's fall from Above and Beyond is so funny.....

Funny weird as in how the hell did he just merrily bounce down into the bracken and get up laughing  :shock:

Funny haha as in missing all the mats the first time and THEN KEEPING THE MATS IN EXACTLY THE SAME PLACE SO HE'D MISS THEM IF HE FELL OFF AGAIN  :roll:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 10:12:53 am
Yeah, it's all been on beardown prods before I think but it's good to see it all in one vid.

Jordan seems to be made of rubber.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#5 Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 11:01:06 am
Nice one, think I'd seen it all apart from Ob Fat, but that, the first dynoing section, and the tantalising clips in between (mostly of huge falls onto huge piles of mats) were worth it  :8)

Buoux 8C

• menacing presence
#6 Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 02:15:20 pm
(mostly of huge falls onto huge piles of mats)

Is this how most grit routes are climbed? im really out of touch with hard grit, but are most scary routes climbed with several mats and spotters each. The only hard grit i have seen was young Toby, who wouldnt use a single pad and told me not to spot when he tried to solo Knockin in the rain, he is a rarity or do most people still insist no mats are used.

Good video though, some of them routes looked pretty good, that one at the end what is that called? the high arte thing.

dave

#7 Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 03:21:05 pm
a lot of people do route with mats ground-up, others do stuff sans mats with toproping, and every step inbetween. Provided everyone is clear and honest about what they do, its not a problem, desite our own personal opinions.

that one at the end what is that called? the high arte thing.

what, new statesman, or the one inset when the credits are rollin? (above and beyond the kinaesthetic barrier)??

Kim

• forum abuser
#8 Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 03:26:15 pm
Quote from: "Buoux 8C"
(mostly of huge falls onto huge piles of mats)

Is this how most grit routes are climbed? im really out of touch with hard grit, but are most scary routes climbed with several mats and spotters each. The only hard grit i have seen was young Toby, who wouldnt use a single pad and told me not to spot when he tried to solo Knockin in the rain, he is a rarity or do most people still insist no mats are used.

Depends I guess, stuff like psycho, narcissus, above an beyond are basically (very) highball boulder problems if you've got a load of mats, which we usually have...
I think there's a good flava nowadays for treating short routes as highballs with a few pads - all good fun (especially on camera :D). Equally i'm sure there's plenty of people (non boulderers more likely) who won't use any and treat em as "proper" routes. Each to their own.

Quote from: "Buoux 8C"
Good video though, some of them routes looked pretty good, that one at the end what is that called? the high arte thing.

New Statesman.

Kim

• forum abuser
#9 Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 03:28:19 pm
Quote from: "dave"
a lot of people do route with mats ground-up, others do stuff sans mats with toproping, and every step inbetween. Provided everyone is clear and honest about what they do, its not a problem, desite our own personal opinions.

beat me :roll: :D

that one at the end what is that called? the high arte thing.

Quote from: "dave"
what, new statesman, or the one inset when the credits are rollin? (above and beyond the kinaesthetic barrier)??

oh yeah forgot about that - the end goes: obsession fatale, new statesman, above and beyond, life assurance.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#10 Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 05:02:49 pm
Buoux 8c wrote:
im really out of touch with hard grit, but are most scary routes climbed with several mats and spotters each?

Personally I use as few mats as possible when climbing a route for the first time - ie in an on-sight/ ground-up stylee. If I go back to do it again for any reason, I'm a lot less bothered about the number of pads. Already had one knee operation and don't fancy another.

A lot of the time though, it depends on the route:
Renegade master for example; its considered better style to boulder it out above a big pile of mats than to headpoint it with preplaced out-of-reach runners and then overgrade it :wink:  

Ulysses though, use any mats or any practice and you're cheating. Any more than a tetley's towel and you get no respect.

cofe

• forum hero
#11 Gritstone vidyo
October 16, 2004, 05:42:30 pm
i'm sorry, i'm really out opf touch - can someone please tell me what a boulderfing mat is?

what's  a route?

new statesman looks amazing, rich heap should have filme somebody on it for hard grit.

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#12 Gritstone vidyo
October 17, 2004, 02:21:11 pm
good belaying on Gaia, did he climb it in the end?

dave

#13 Gritstone vidyo
October 17, 2004, 04:21:22 pm
did he fuck.

Dolly

• forum hero
#14 Gritstone vidyo
October 17, 2004, 10:57:35 pm
Whole thing is great.
Haven't been as psyched in years.
Credit to all involved

BoulderHog

• addict
#15 Gritstone vidyo
October 18, 2004, 01:01:34 am
Good stuff.

Watching peace of mind was nerve wracking  :)

More bouldering next time, and you could all fall off from really high up a few more times as well (meant in the nicest possible way of course).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal