UKBouldering.com

organic blubber or moon cirrus (Read 2200 times)

haydn jones

• forum hero
organic blubber or moon cirrus
April 20, 2023, 09:15:42 pm
Or are there others? I like the organic is seemless but the moon is bigger! Anyone had experience with either/both?

yetix

• forum abuser
#1 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
April 20, 2023, 09:43:26 pm
In all other instances I'm team organic, but I used both today and much prefer the moon cirrus

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#2 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
April 21, 2023, 07:48:25 am
Or are there others? I like the organic is seemless but the moon is bigger! Anyone had experience with either/both?

Yes I’ve experienced almost snapping my ankle in a pad gap which a cirrus was hiding  :lol:

Dac

• player
#3 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
April 21, 2023, 11:24:42 am
Just to muddy the waters further there’s also the Core Climbing Helios: 100 x 200 x 3cm, £150. I’ve never seen one, never mind used one, so I can’t offer any useful opinion.

I am also in the purpose of wondering about getting such a mat. I’d pretty must disregarded the Blubber, as nowhere seems to have stock, but if anyone can offer up any opinion on the others that would be great.

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
April 21, 2023, 11:27:44 am
Just to muddy the waters f

I am also in the purpose of wondering about getting such a mat. I’d pretty must disregarded the Blubber, as nowhere seems to have stock, but if anyone can offer up any opinion on the others that would be great.
I've got one surplus to requirements, used once outside. £95 and buyer arranges/ pays courier.
I'm based in the NW Highlands but travel fairly regularly to most other English/ Welsh areas. Happy to email pics.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 11:45:23 am by sherlock »

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#5 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
April 21, 2023, 06:48:02 pm
In all other instances I'm team organic, but I used both today and much prefer the moon cirrus
Why? The non continuous foam on the moon seems to seriously undermine it's function?

yetix

• forum abuser
#6 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
April 21, 2023, 08:37:37 pm
We were using them along a long roof section without other pads under at times and I felt the moon foam was much better than the organic foam for the blubber vs cirrus when no other pad, the slight thinner sections when we did have them over pads seemed a non factor when we did put them over pads.

I owned the organic, and will purchase a cirrus instead at some point as I much preferred it

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#7 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
April 22, 2023, 10:33:14 am
I was after a Blubber recently but couldn't get one so ended up getting a cirrus. I use it more as a second pad than as a topper. Putting it at the start of problems and my main one under the main fall area.

I don't find the folds a big problem when used as a topper but could see it potentially rolling an ankle.

If I had to buy one of the above again, I would still be a little undecided which.... They both do certain aspects well. I would say it comes down to if you want to use it mainly as a topper or mainly as a second pad.

B0405413

• addict
#8 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
April 22, 2023, 11:11:07 am
I contacted mountain boot (the UK distributor) the other day and they should be getting some blubber pads at the end of summer.

B0405413

• addict
#9 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
May 02, 2023, 06:45:25 pm
Just to muddy the waters f

I've got one surplus to requirements, used once outside. £95 and buyer arranges/ pays courier.
I'm based in the NW Highlands but travel fairly regularly to most other English/ Welsh areas. Happy to email pics.

PMd you, I'll take this if it's still going?

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
#10 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
May 03, 2023, 07:24:54 am
Yep, it's yours if you want it.
Just off out now but do you want pics?
Haven't received any PM from you?

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
#11 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
May 03, 2023, 08:59:51 am
Yep, it's yours if you want it.
Just off out now but do you want pics?
Haven't received any PM from you?
Now received and replied.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#12 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
May 03, 2023, 10:27:52 am
I have a (hot pink, meow) Blubber and think it’s awesome. I’ve so far used it to cover two Grivel mats which don’t exactly have the best foam but I got two for £50 or something daft brand new. Also good in covering my old knackered Black Diamond.

I really wish they would reissue the Metolius Behemoth; coupled with a Blubber on top which could lash to it, you’d have a perfect rig in my eyes.

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
#13 Re: organic blubber or moon cirrus
May 03, 2023, 03:44:14 pm

PMd you, I'll take this if it's still going?
[/quote]
Now sold

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal