UKBouldering.com

Laggan approach (Read 1491 times)

Alex-the-Alex

• menacing presence
Laggan approach
August 21, 2020, 09:08:08 am
Finally nipped up to the boulders north of Laggan on the way through last week. Just to say the description in boulder Scotland is out of date. There is no stile or access to the field from the track opposite the church. Tempting to jump the new fence but that might piss people off. Instead I found another track and gate leading into the fields opposite the village hall 500m off the main road. Easy walk across fields from there (25min). Great spot, though absolutely baking this time. Strongbow has jumped straight up the best boulders in UK list!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 09:18:03 am by Alex-the-Alex »

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#1 Re: Laggan approach
August 21, 2020, 09:35:01 am
We came across the same issue a couple of years back. An elderly couple in the house at the bottom of the drive informed us we couldn't go in via the described approach, and kindly let us access the field via a stile in their garden.
Yeah, Strongbow is a great problem. The crackline in the face to the left will make an amazing grade 8 I reckon too. Shame the approach through the bracken is so tick infested mind.

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
#2 Re: Laggan approach
August 21, 2020, 12:32:21 pm
Thanks for the update Alex and Bonjoy. I've not been back that way for years, since moving from Aviemore where I lived when doing the early development. Glad you can still get to the boulders. The crag Creagan Soillier is in the latest SMC Highland Outcrops South so there might be an updated access description in that, I'll have a look.

Great to hear Strongbow getting the props it deserves. And yeah, the face to its left will be beastly when it gets done. I pointed Dave Mac at it years back and have been surprised that he's not been more interested, especially since it's a short drive from home for him.

There are a few other things there that were way above my pay grade when I was developing, it would be great they got done.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: Laggan approach
August 21, 2020, 12:38:22 pm
Has anyone given any of the other projects up there any attention?

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
#4 Re: Laggan approach
August 21, 2020, 01:59:42 pm
Not that I know of, but then I don't know much!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal