UKBouldering.com

New printer (Read 1303 times)

SamT

• forum hero
New printer
August 16, 2020, 01:50:28 pm
My old faithful Canon Pixma MP600 which I've had for donkeys has suddenly died.

Been looking around at the newer pixma ranges (MG5*** and TS6*** etc) but they seem to be hard to actually find for sale online.

We have a Canon MG5700 at work which seems fine.  I'm only printing the odd document at home and very rarely print a photo, but my have cause some time.

Amazon and online reviews seem to suggest Canon have gone down hill compared to their older ranges.

Any knowledge out there. 

I preferably want one with separate colour cartridges rather than the combined colour cartridges - seems daft to have to replace when only one colour has run out.

Budget - not too bothered about paying a bit more, if it means quality and longevity (and cheaper ink cartridges long term). 

chris j

• forum abuser
#1 Re: New printer
August 16, 2020, 03:05:27 pm
It costs more up front,  but i got so fed up with changing almost full dried out ink cartridges due to only printing a couple of times a year I bought a colour laser printer.

Mine is a Samsung  C480FW, which has been trouble-free. It cost I think around £300 but as I'm only just changed the first set of toner that came with it I think I'm close to saving that in not changing ink cartridges in the last 4 years or so.

SamT

• forum hero
#2 Re: New printer
August 16, 2020, 03:17:14 pm
Hmm - interesting.  I've never had an issue with the cartridges drying out in the old canon.  It certainly has been sat dormant for extended periods too. 

I hadn't really considered laser printers.  Seem to be pretty bulky things though it seems.

chris j

• forum abuser
#3 Re: New printer
August 16, 2020, 08:15:33 pm
I can't remember what inkjet I had before but it seemed I'd print 2 or 3 times a year and end up needing new cartridges every time...

The footprint for mine (combined scanner/ printer etc) is about the same as an A3 sheet of paper but yes more bulky than domestic inkjets. Probably more suited to a home office setup.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal