UKBouldering.com

Physio for the elderly (plus recommendations in Yorkshire area) (Read 1185 times)

ali k

• junky
Is there a difference between physios for different age groups or is it fairly standard? And does anyone have recommendations in or around Yorkshire?

It’s for my mum (70+) who’s done something to her inner thigh, sounds like it might be a groin strain (she’s gone from being pretty active walking and cycling to struggling to move or bend down at all). I know she won’t pay for one herself so I want to book an appointment for her but don’t want to send her to a sports physio if there is something more appropriate for older folk.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Is there a physio attached to her GP surgery? She might well get a zoom or in person consultation for free.

Paul B

• forum hero
Is there a difference between physios for different age groups or is it fairly standard? And does anyone have recommendations in or around Yorkshire?

It’s for my mum (70+) who’s done something to her inner thigh, sounds like it might be a groin strain (she’s gone from being pretty active walking and cycling to struggling to move or bend down at all). I know she won’t pay for one herself so I want to book an appointment for her but don’t want to send her to a sports physio if there is something more appropriate for older folk.

Just outside of Yorkshire, but in the Ribble Valley I found that a lot of places mainly dealt with older people. This included:
http://www.njdsportsinjuries.co.uk/

which seemed to deal with active older residents. Apart from Nick calling me fat (!) when I went for a bike fit I'd recommend them on the whole.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal