UKBouldering.com

Anstey's (or torbryan/portland/cheddar) partners: 17th - 21st (Read 2657 times)

csl

• junky
A way off but getting in early... I'm going to be within an hours distance of Anstey's/Portland/Cheddar for a week and keen to get out as much as possible.

Would prefer Anstey's (obviously), any locals who need a partner?

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
A way off but getting in early... I'm going to be within an hours distance of Anstey's/Portland/Cheddar for a week and keen to get out as much as possible.

Its definitely possible that I'll be down there, staying with family very close to Ansteys and Torbryan: so if I am I'll PM you. 

Ged

• junky

I'm away all that week, but alexis is always keen, I'll tell him to look on here when I see him

csl

• junky
Just bumping this in case anyone else may be keen...

And looking for some general conditions advice.

I've never been to Anstey's so not sure how it might be given the forecast Thursday at least looks like it might not be rainy, would the Empire Wall be likely to be dry?

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Just bumping this in case anyone else may be keen...

And looking for some general conditions advice.

I've never been to Anstey's so not sure how it might be given the forecast Thursday at least looks like it might not be rainy, would the Empire Wall be likely to be dry?

Empire wall is shady in the morning. Should be dry at this time of year. Sometimes persistent seepage on the empire start but just revenge etc usually ok. General conditions are quite unpredictable there, ie, sometimes good when you least expect it, and vice versa.

Ged

• junky
If its windy it'll be good. If its still and muggy it'll be grim

remus

• forum hero
I'm going to be in the area. Main objective is some berry head DWSing but conditions are looking pretty mediocre at the mo so would be keen for an ansteys session instead. I'll be around on the 17th and 18th, could do either day.

csl

• junky
Thanks Toby + Ged!

Remus, that sounds good! Have PM'd you

dunnyg

• forum hero
The dws round antseys is nice, you can traverse out to it at 4/5 and then there are some pleasant bits to do once out there. Not managed to do any of the sport so cant really be helpful.

csl

• junky
Had a great day at Torbryan yesterday because Anstey's was wet at 9am, but I popped in on the way home and found Empire wall in perfect condition at 4pm.

I'm really keen to head there tomorrow but there is heavy rain forecast for this evening https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gbvx0n07w#?nearestTo=Babbacombe%20(Torbay)&date=2020-08-19 and my climbing partner will have a long drive to get there...

Is there anyone local on here who would hazard a guess on the top of Empire wall drying out tomorrow? Based on yesterdays experience it seems to dry back very quickly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal