UKBouldering.com

[Cornwall][Helman Tor][Original Virtue] (Read 1876 times)

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
[Cornwall][Helman Tor][Original Virtue]
August 04, 2020, 04:37:45 pm
Original Virtue 7aish

On the In The Gutter boulder.
The centre of the roof direct.
Sit start on the low flake. Move up to the break and cross the centre of the roof on crystal undercuts to the lip and gutter, then mantel direct to finish.
It can also be done eliminating the lowest block for feet by crouch starting in the break, which makes a better problem for those who are able the reach the lip with their feet still on the lowest block.

A Jooser

• menacing presence
Is this different to Caedmon Mullin's problem 'Gutted' (V4 or English 6b) which features just after the hour mark on his Gone West film? The description is similar to that for Gutted in the Cheesewring & SE Cornwall guide (2012). I see Gutted's not on the UKC database. Maybe your problem is further to the right?

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
I only had the UKC info, and there’s only room for one line through the roof, so if there’s already a problem through the roof, that’s what I’ll have done I would have thought.

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
Original Virtue 7aish

Sit start on the low flake. Move up to the break and cross the centre of the roof on crystal undercuts to the lip and gutter, then mantel direct to finish.
It can also be done eliminating the lowest block for feet by crouch starting in the break, which makes a better problem for those who are able the reach the lip with their feet still on the lowest block.

Is this different to Caedmon Mullin's problem 'Gutted' (V4 or English 6b) which features just after the hour mark on his Gone West film? The description is similar to that for Gutted in the Cheesewring & SE Cornwall guide (2012). I see Gutted's not on the UKC database. Maybe your problem is further to the right?

I thought the same thing. I was trying that problem and rather annoyingly Caedmon did it first.  ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
And V4! :D

A Jooser

• menacing presence
To be fair though, it was probably only given V4 to make Andy W even more annoyed that Caed did it first.  ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
To be fair though, it was probably only given V4 to make Andy W even more annoyed that Caed did it first.  ;)

:D

macca7

• addict
Original Virtue 7aish

I thought the same thing. I was trying that problem and rather annoyingly Caedmon did it first.  ;)

Was thinking exactly the same, definitely the same problem but the new grade is probably much closer to the mark!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal