UKBouldering.com

how full is my wall (Read 10714 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#25 Re: how full is my wall
July 28, 2020, 08:30:20 pm
I am disappointed that this is not a thread about people showing how many holds they can cram onto their home woodies 

tomtom

• forum hero
#26 Re: how full is my wall
July 28, 2020, 10:08:10 pm
I am disappointed that this is not a thread about people showing how many holds they can cram onto their home woodies

Dobbin, can your website also tell me about the state of my cavity wall insulation?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#27 Re: how full is my wall
July 31, 2020, 02:14:26 pm
its fucked mate. there are rats in there and everything

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#28 Re: how full is my wall
August 01, 2020, 11:40:00 am
Not sure where to put this.

Bit of a sad day.

Dartrock climbing centre has not survived lockdown. Devon’s first commercial wall, I believe.

I understand that some might think I’m gloating or happy about it, but I’m really not. DR was never a competitor to us, just too far away and from the beginning we created our own clientele (the vast majority of our regulars actually started climbing with us).
Robbie even drove me to Torbay hospital, when my lad broke his wrist and my Lili was in her final weeks at the hospice. I kinda lost it and wasn’t able to function, so will always be grateful for his help that day.
 It’s a knife into the local scene and a victory for the corporate cookie cutter brigade (no names, or specific targets, but most people will know what I mean).

A lot of people will find the next few months hard now. I can’t imagine there’s enough outdoor instruction work for all with such a short season this year.
My best wishes to all.

I wish Robbie and Paula happiness and security.

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
#29 Re: how full is my wall
August 02, 2020, 08:27:31 am
This place is as good as any. Such walls that are forced to close and instruction businesses going under are often life dreams of fellow climbers being wrecked.

andy popp

• forum hero
#30 Re: how full is my wall
August 02, 2020, 08:42:44 am
I understand that some might think I’m gloating or happy about it, but I’m really not.

Not at all; it was a very kind and generous post.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#31 Re: how full is my wall
August 03, 2020, 01:27:59 pm
shame about dart wall. i expect there will be more to come. just to let you know, have updated it to make the back end a bit easier to manage and to foster collaboration

https://www.howfullismywall.info/

your existing links should work once i figure out whats wrong with the wildcard.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#32 Re: how full is my wall
August 03, 2020, 07:19:20 pm
The Depot’s capacity is more than double the Works and more than Awesome Walls’?! How big is that place?

Very big, certainly compared to the works its massive and also significantly more spacious.  We were at Manchester Depot this morning when count was reading around 40-50 and it felt very quiet,

It is not actually that much bigger than the Works but we are spread over 3 units, the Sheffield Depot is something like 2500 sqm, the Works + Mini Works + Unit E is just shy of 2000 sqm.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#33 Re: how full is my wall
August 03, 2020, 07:21:35 pm
This is brilliant Dobbin, good work. 8) :bow:
I know the Lancs posse would appreciate BoulderUK being in the numbers, but not sure if they're plugged into your data empire? :dance1:

BoulderUk haven't yet got a counter as they didn't know that the Vertical Life counter is free and obviously the Weasel doesn't like spending money ;-)

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#34 Re: how full is my wall
August 03, 2020, 08:08:11 pm
It is not actually that much bigger than the Works but we are spread over 3 units, the Sheffield Depot is something like 2500 sqm, the Works + Mini Works + Unit E is just shy of 2000 sqm.

Rebel Scum!

Depot Sheff building is 3158 sqm (34000 sq ft) but I don't think theres much more climbing surface, its mostly just S P A C E

chris j

• forum abuser
#35 Re: how full is my wall
August 03, 2020, 08:40:40 pm
Not sure where to put this.

Bit of a sad day.

Dartrock climbing centre has not survived lockdown. Devon’s first commercial wall, I believe.

My kids will miss the artificial cave...  :'( Difficult times. Best of luck to Robbie and all who worked there.

Catcheemonkey

• addict
#36 Re: how full is my wall
August 13, 2020, 06:51:59 pm
The Climbing Lab in Leeds and Harrogate Climbing Centre now have counters on their websites - any chance these could be added to the Leeds tab?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal