UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Froggatt, Baslow, Lees Bottom] (Read 2134 times)

El Mocho

• forum abuser
[Peak][Froggatt, Baslow, Lees Bottom]
July 14, 2020, 12:32:30 pm
A recent link up, one from just after lockdown and one from a while ago...
Grades etc. could all be soft, could all be not.

Froggatt, Barrel.
Wade in the Water 7C+/8A
Centre of the wall behind the tree.

Baslow, Poppers.
Chargers 7C
Start up Poppers to the break, make a move R to lovely round pocket then up slightly right. A bit high but good landing.

baslow by Ben Bransby, on Flickr

Lees Bottom.
Goose Meseeks 7C+
Start as for Goose grease and head all the way left to finish up Mr Meseeks

lees 01 by Ben Bransby, on Flickr

Mr Meseeks RH 7C
Looks like this has been done - bunch of chalk on the holds... head right a touch lower than original to the big holds you prob toe hook... back into original to finish. Prob a grade easier but not tried the original. This was how the link finished.

lees 02 by Ben Bransby, on Flickr

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Good work!
I thought about doing a link into the end of Meseeks but was concerned about gnarly factor going over the wall. Last place you'd want a hold to snap! Looked like good climbing.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Surely Wade in the Water must be solid at 8a? Didn't Ned try for a while and then the only hold (a pebble) fell off?

El Mocho

• forum abuser
Good work!
I thought about doing a link into the end of Meseeks but was concerned about gnarly factor going over the wall. Last place you'd want a hold to snap! Looked like good climbing.

It does go above the wall a bit, climbing pretty steady for that section but I did try to be extra light on the holds. It's quite a nice link and goes high enough that you haven't got massive foot holds at the back of the roof for it all.

Surely Wade in the Water must be solid at 8a? Didn't Ned try for a while and then the only hold (a pebble) fell off?

What's he ever done on grit though. We were using slightly different sequences on the set up moves and although it wasn't glaringly obvious I think it suited my size better, only just as it was a stretch on the last move of the crux + on the better cons day when I did it he was off on the Boss. (I'm trying to remember if he did it the same day, I remember turning up at the Boss a little later one day and just missed him doing it, not sure if that was the morning I did this)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal