the shizzle > the log pile

Shark / Oak piss take thread

<< < (3/3)

Teaboy:

--- Quote from: SA Chris on June 14, 2020, 09:51:00 pm ---I love the UKB equivalent of Godwin's Law.

--- End quote ---

I don't, it's tedious if the 'jokes' ever were funny they stopped being so ages ago.  Like replying "sent it where?" when someone mentions sending a problem or asking "what's he done on grit?" every time some foreign wad does something impressive.  I love piss taking (Adam's comment was reasonably witty) but if all you can manage is "Hur Hur, Shark hasn't climbed the Oak and he's tried to climb the Oak a lot" then it's pretty artless.

moose:

--- Quote from: Teaboy on June 15, 2020, 12:12:59 am ---
--- Quote from: SA Chris on June 14, 2020, 09:51:00 pm ---I love the UKB equivalent of Godwin's Law.

--- End quote ---

I don't, it's tedious if the 'jokes' ever were funny they stopped being so ages ago.  Like replying "sent it where?" when someone mentions sending a problem or asking "what's he done on grit?" every time some foreign wad does something impressive.  I love piss taking (Adam's comment was reasonably witty) but if all you can manage is "Hur Hur, Shark hasn't climbed the Oak and he's tried to climb the Oak a lot" then it's pretty artless.

--- End quote ---

+1.  My comment was not meant as a piss-take - more of a correction and note of sympathy.  I've invested a lot of effort myself in climbs I haven't done yet (and might never manage) - and would not take kindly to being constantly reminded of it in the name of "banter".

Davo:

--- Quote from: Teaboy on June 15, 2020, 12:12:59 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I agree! I don’t really see much funny or worthwhile in constant banter along those lines. I also like piss taking but just don’t see what reminding someone they haven’t succeeded after a lot of effort and dedication does (apart from annoy them). I am interested in Shark’s siege because like others I have sieged (and failed) and am interested in how someone keeps coming back year after year.

SA Chris:
Clearly against the mood of the crowd, sorry. Logpile please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version