UKBouldering.com

Power Club 535 8-14 June (Read 5726 times)

Bradders

• forum hero
#25 Re: Power Club 535 8-14 June
June 16, 2020, 11:43:21 am
Really frustrating week. Having finished my 12 week training block just wanted to go climbing but felt pretty tired the whole time. With a little more luck could have had 4 good ticks in the book but ended up with only Road House (the easiest) as a consolation. Feel fairly strong I guess just knackered and like I'm not moving at all well, despite 2 rest days between climbing days. Frustrating.

M - Lees Bottom. Still tired from training week before but weather changing so had to go. Someone else on Chiggers so couldn't try Greenwood. Went on Creosote into A6 instead hoping for a quick tick; punted. Dropped the last move with my hand just sliding off the jug. Otherwise struggled bringing my RH out from the back. Restored some pride by retro-flashing Chiggers, then tried Greenwood and did the big move a few times plus linked there from start again. Tired by this point but did another lap on Chiggers for fun.

T / W - sure I did some stretching both days

T - Kilnsey for my third annual session on Launch Control. Close but no cigar; did it from two moves in and in two halves back to back, but every go from the start dropped the crux move to the slot. Felt a lot better on it than previous years at least. Should probably have less than 12 months between sessions really.

F / S - nothing

S - Dow Crag. Baking. Stopped at Nettle on the way and did the stand to Road House in a few goes warming up. Scary at the top on my own with bits of choss breaking off around me. Worked out the sit moves and Yetix then turned up with extra pads, so did the sit in a couple of goes thereafter. Good problem, shame the rock is terrible. Then headed up to Supergene. This is a frustrating one having done it with a fairly big dab last year, and then been back twice now and not been able to do it... this time re-did the stand easily, then managed it from a move in but struggled for ages unable to pull off the floor! Eventually worked out I'd been holding the undercling wrong! It's so much easier with just a tiny tweak to the finger position. Had one semi-decent attempt going for the crux, but by that point was spent. Must go back in the cold next time, remember it feeling a lot better in sub 25'C temps!

tomtom

• forum hero
#26 Re: Power Club 535 8-14 June
June 16, 2020, 12:24:22 pm
Tough week Bradders. Its funny - I felt better the week after the week after the training bloc if that made sense... Even though I did nothing of note...

JamieG

• forum hero
#27 Re: Power Club 535 8-14 June
June 16, 2020, 06:32:57 pm
T.Morning. Heading out it was cool and overcast and Ben suggested Suavito 7B highball instead of the Tor. Didn’t have the guide and I forgot the approach so initially ended up at Birchens.
:lol: this is far more fun than taking the piss out of The Oak. Didn't you have an attempted Gardoms visit before which involved the lads not believing you that it would be gopping, and putting your back out lifting one of the hounds over a stile?? Maybe best avoid Gardoms...
In Simon’s defence, I’ve seen far worse. Walking up to Birchens with my wife, about 400m from Robin Hood, we met a guy coming the other way asking me if I knew where Mark’s Roof was. He’d walked from the parking at the other end and he had a guidebook.

Haha, that's insane. He must have walked almost a mile and half past mark's roof. Did he not question himself at any point. We've all been lost at crags before (most notably at various less popular font venues) but to be that far out is crazy.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#28 Re: Power Club 535 8-14 June
June 16, 2020, 06:43:43 pm
Haha, that's insane. He must have walked almost a mile and half past mark's roof. Did he not question himself at any point. We've all been lost at crags before (most notably at various less popular font venues) but to be that far out is crazy.

:tumble:

You do park as for Birchens for the Suavito end of Gardoms. I thought the Birchens approach path branched off to Gardoms but in fact there is a separate approach path just down the road the other side of the pub

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal