the shizzle > new routes

old 2 tier project climbed

(1/2) > >>

ANIMAL:
the old project nicknamed Orange Suntan on 2 Tier was finally done on Wednesday by Ben Moon , at 8b ( font 7c+ }
it looked about E8 with a potential ground scraping fall . He  climbed it on the bolts placed by Rupert Davies he has since moved the significant bolt up a bit and replaced the rest and the belay .
I first placed some pegs in this thirty years ago to hold me in to try it on a tope rope but quickly abandoned the idea and ever since have suggested it to various people so it was nice to be there and watch it done

Wood FT:

--- Quote from: ANIMAL on June 05, 2020, 09:52:50 pm ---the old project nicknamed Orange Suntan on 2 Tier was finally done on Wednesday by Ben Moon , at 8b ( font 7c+ }
it looked about E8 with a potential ground scraping fall . He  climbed it on the bolts placed by Rupert Davies he has since moved the significant bolt up a bit and replaced the rest and the belay .
I first placed some pegs in this thirty years ago to hold me in to try it on a tope rope but quickly abandoned the idea and ever since have suggested it to various people so it was nice to be there and watch it done

--- End quote ---

Really cool this was done by Ben Moon, 36 years after Jerry did the route next to it. Still got it!

Ru:
Glad he got it done. I didn't bolt it though - I just tried it briefly and pulled a hold off before doing Kali Yuga. Keen to try Ben's method with the new crimp he found - I thought it was about font 8a+ off the pinch. Is he going to stick with the name?

abarro81:
Called "Lockdown" I believe (unless he's changed his mind)

Fiend:
....along with 30 other FAs nationwide this spring!

Great effort Ben, still got it indeed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version