UKBouldering.com

Rowtor Access latest (Read 1723 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Rowtor Access latest
June 04, 2020, 01:50:48 pm
The BMC have again received complaints about climbing at Rowtor. There have been various problems in the past but in recent years things have been ok and climbers respectful in their behaviour.

There isn't an inalienable right of access here and it is right in the middle of the village, so please keep noise levels down (no music or shouting etc obvs) and keep sessions on the problems nearest the houses short (Domes, Short Seans, My Buddy the Apple etc). If you see other climbers please inform them of this guidance and if it's busy go elsewhere - there's plenty hereabouts including Stanton-in-the-woods which is reportedly clean and dry at the mo.

If you see groups of youths hanging out drinking etc please let us know, we may be being bundled together.

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#1 Re: Rowtor Access latest
June 04, 2020, 04:22:02 pm
I've not been for a while, is there still a BMC sign about access on the approach path?

remus

• forum hero
#2 Re: Rowtor Access latest
June 04, 2020, 05:18:45 pm
I've not been for a while, is there still a BMC sign about access on the approach path?

There was pre-lockdown.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#3 Re: Rowtor Access latest
June 04, 2020, 10:51:03 pm

There was pre-lockdown.

Yes they are still there, went for a walk a few weeks ago

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal