the shizzle > new routes

[Peak] [Chee Dale] [30 is the new 40] [8c?]

<< < (2/4) > >>

danm:
Teaching to bolt could be done easily without breaking social distancing. Just before getting furloughed I was working on getting some videos for the BMC Youtube channel covering placing glue-ins. Cumbria Bolt Fund have shot a load of decent training videos for their guys, so the footage exists, it's just getting hold of it. I'll poke Alex and see if it can be progressed. I don't know how busy KC is, but I'd happily run a training session as a volunteer if he's too busy, got time to burn right now. Would need the PBF kit though, my BMC kit is all locked in the office.

kc:
Was the low bolt stainless? Can you tell the difference? I generally don't waste good bolts when prospecting.
Have you see the line of tatty bolts I placed above the last eggs start? Sort of a direct version of Keith's project? That I'm sure will go.
I've got all the kit Dan so feel free to swing around and collect.
Out of interest there are a few routes on the main wall at Horseshoe (some of the best ones) that still have the old Fixe resin bolts in. Were they deemed to be alright? I thought it was meant to be standardized?

iain:
Dan, I could use a refresher if this winds up happening, been a few years since I've been able to contribute.

Cheers

and good effort

abarro81:

--- Quote from: danm on May 26, 2020, 01:19:59 pm ---I don't know how busy KC is, but I'd happily run a training session as a volunteer if he's too busy, got time to burn right now. Would need the PBF kit though, my BMC kit is all locked in the office.

--- End quote ---

This sounds perfect. My wife Ella would also be keen if that's ok? How's best to arrange if a few people are interested, as it sounds like they might be? On the whole weekends, Tuesdays or Thursdays (not this week though) are best for us... After June 12th is ideal but I can do before that (Ella maybe not)

--- Quote from: kc on May 26, 2020, 02:13:52 pm ---Was the low bolt stainless? Can you tell the difference? I generally don't waste good bolts when prospecting.

--- End quote ---

Not sure I'd know the difference if it punched me in the face..  there's a good "standard" expansion one, the lower one looks more like the new bolts in Malcolm X and the outer part looks fine but there's a bit of rust in the middle of it, so maybe not stainless?

--- Quote from: kc on May 26, 2020, 02:13:52 pm ---Have you see the line of tatty bolts I placed above the last eggs start? Sort of a direct version of Keith's project? That I'm sure will go.

--- End quote ---
Not seen that, cheers. There's an old line of Dan V's bolts left of Nemesis that I'm keen to dig out of the mud too...

spidermonkey09:
Also interested in the bolting workshop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version